Old 02-05-2007, 01:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default SCORCHED LAWN

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Wed, 02 May 2007 06:16:23 GMT, "Steve Davies"
wrote:

HI WONDER IF ANY KEEN GARDENING EXPERTS CAN HELP.
JUST RECENTLY HAD A LAB PUPPY WHIH HAS UNFORTUNATLY SCORCHED MY LAWN. IS
THERE A WAY OF RECOVERING MY LAWN BY EITHER RE-SEEDING OR WATERING

THANKS
STEVE

On GQT some time ago, it was said that adding a little tomato sauce to
a bitch's feed would prevent the scorch. Try it. I don't have a lawn
or a dog, so cannot vouch for it!
For the lawn now, I would just give it a good watering and be patient.

indeed, over seasons the lawn should take care of itself. My lawn recovers
remarkably well from dog & cat **** and poop and dry summers. Your lawn will
recover well enough by itself if it is a standard fescue/rye/clover type
grass mix.

rob

Old 02-05-2007, 08:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Davies" wrote in message
HI WONDER IF ANY KEEN GARDENING EXPERTS CAN HELP.
JUST RECENTLY HAD A LAB PUPPY WHIH HAS UNFORTUNATLY SCORCHED MY LAWN. IS
THERE A WAY OF RECOVERING MY LAWN BY EITHER RE-SEEDING OR WATERING

Firstly get some spray cleaner on your keyboard as the CAPS LOCK key is
stuck.
Second train the dog to pee in one place, preferably near your compost heap.
If no compost heap then a corner of earth that don't matter too much,
alternatively take the dog for a walk more.

As for the grass, cut out, re-turf or seed.
Water well.

Old 02-05-2007, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Steve Davies" wrote in message
HI WONDER IF ANY KEEN GARDENING EXPERTS CAN HELP.
JUST RECENTLY HAD A LAB PUPPY WHIH HAS UNFORTUNATLY SCORCHED MY LAWN. IS
THERE A WAY OF RECOVERING MY LAWN BY EITHER RE-SEEDING OR WATERING

My Golden Retriever did the same to our lawn when we first got her. Strange
thing is the scorching stopped after a while and we now get strong growing
patches instead. I did nothing and am still not sure whether her pee changed
as she got older or the lawn got to like it.

Mike

Old 02-05-2007, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:
"Steve Davies" wrote in message
HI WONDER IF ANY KEEN GARDENING EXPERTS CAN HELP.
JUST RECENTLY HAD A LAB PUPPY WHIH HAS UNFORTUNATLY SCORCHED MY
LAWN. IS THERE A WAY OF RECOVERING MY LAWN BY EITHER RE-SEEDING OR
WATERING

My Golden Retriever did the same to our lawn when we first got her.
Strange thing is the scorching stopped after a while and we now get
strong growing patches instead. I did nothing and am still not sure
whether her pee changed as she got older or the lawn got to like it.

Mike

Did the pee compost the dead grass maybe?
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Old 03-05-2007, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Muddymike" wrote in message
om...
My Golden Retriever did the same to our lawn when we first got her.
Strange thing is the scorching stopped after a while and we now get strong
growing patches instead. I did nothing and am still not sure whether her
pee changed as she got older or the lawn got to like it.

The lawn burn is caused by the dog's urine being high in nitrogen content.
If your dog has reduced its protein intake or drinks more water than it used
to, then this will reduce the concentration of nitrogen.

Nitrogen is a main component of lawn fertilizer, which is why you may see
extra grass growth if it rains soon after the dog has wee'd. If you gn the
garden at the same time as the dog, then just take a watering can and douse
the affected area.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes

On GQT some time ago, it was said that adding a little tomato sauce to
a bitch's feed would prevent the scorch. Try it. I don't have a lawn
or a dog, so cannot vouch for it!
For the lawn now, I would just give it a good watering and be patient.

I think you'll find it's tomato juice not sauce Pam
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 05-05-2007, 08:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 4 May 2007 22:50:36 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes

On GQT some time ago, it was said that adding a little tomato sauce to
a bitch's feed would prevent the scorch. Try it. I don't have a lawn
or a dog, so cannot vouch for it!
For the lawn now, I would just give it a good watering and be patient.

I think you'll find it's tomato juice not sauce Pam

Janet, you are right! I stand corrected.

Pam in Bristol

Scorched Oleanders Walter R. Gardening 2 02-02-2008 05:28 PM
Urgent honeysuckle help-scorched!! Need help today! hakakahn Gardening 4 16-06-2006 03:22 AM
need help with scorched winter lawn [email protected] Lawns 4 08-01-2006 01:01 PM
Scorched moby Lawns 1 22-07-2005 03:47 PM
Scorched Lawn Due to overfeeding. SARAH United Kingdom 3 27-04-2003 10:20 AM