GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Heron proofing a pond. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157930-heron-proofing-pond.html)

Geoff[_6_] 03-05-2007 10:36 AM

Heron proofing a pond.

It might be an idea to have a plastic heron standing in the pond - are they
plastic? It might work and it would not be unsightly would it?

Geoff

John E 03-05-2007 04:02 PM

Heron proofing a pond.

"Geoff" wrote in message
It might be an idea to have a plastic heron standing in the pond - are
they plastic? It might work and it would not be unsightly would it?

Geoff

A plastic heron is probably a lot less unsightly than a thick plastic mesh
raised 20 cm above the pond.

(a neighbour has the plastic mesh, and it looks ridiculous. I have a pond
with no heron and no mesh, and have only ever seen one heron visiting in the
last twenty years - I think they are frightened off by the clothes line,
which is about two metres away from the pond. P.S. there is a heronry about
2 miles away)

--

John.