GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Marley Greenhouse (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157931-marley-greenhouse.html)

Ian Pollard 03-05-2007 11:00 AM

Marley Greenhouse

Hi
I am due to move house shortly and find I have inherited a
rather large old aluminium Marley Greenhouse (Series 2000). Problem is
getting bits for it. I am looking for the glazing beads so that I can
replace a few broken glass panes. Can anyone point me in the direction
of a supplier please. Any help appreciated.

Ian

Bob Hobden 03-05-2007 11:15 PM

Marley Greenhouse

"Ian Pollard" wrote
I am due to move house shortly and find I have inherited a
rather large old aluminium Marley Greenhouse (Series 2000). Problem is
getting bits for it. I am looking for the glazing beads so that I can
replace a few broken glass panes. Can anyone point me in the direction
of a supplier please. Any help appreciated.

I think they are all pretty standard so take a look at...
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...20accessories/

And I would expect any greenhouse seller to carry spares that would, more
than likely, fit.

Alternatively you could bed the new glass on a bead of clear Silicon
Sealant, effectively gluing it in place.
(Fish tanks are simply glued together in the same way these days)

--
Regards
Bob H

Ian Pollard 04-05-2007 12:57 PM

Marley Greenhouse

On Thu, 3 May 2007 23:15:50 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

I think they are all pretty standard so take a look at...
http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...20accessories/

And I would expect any greenhouse seller to carry spares that would, more
than likely, fit.

Alternatively you could bed the new glass on a bead of clear Silicon
Sealant, effectively gluing it in place.
(Fish tanks are simply glued together in the same way these days)

--
Regards
Bob H
17mls W. of London.UK

Thanks for the help on both fronts. I think it may end up as bedding
on silicon. Very grateful, thank you for your time.

Ian

Dave Hill 04-05-2007 09:32 PM

Marley Greenhouse

http://www.harrodhorticultural.com/H...Greenhouse%20E...

And I would expect any greenhouse seller to carry spares that would, more
than likely, fit.

Alternatively you could bed the new glass on a bead of clear Silicon
Sealant, effectively gluing it in place.
(Fish tanks are simply glued together in the same way these days)

--
Regards
Bob H
17mls W. of London.UK

Thanks for the help on both fronts. I think it may end up as bedding
on silicon. Very grateful, thank you for your time.

Ian

If you bed the glass on silicon then if you have a breakage you will
have a hell of a job getting the bits of glass off the frame. You
could put selotape or similar on the edges of the glass so that there
is something between the silicon and the glass.