GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Stachyurus (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158174-stachyurus.html)

Nick Maclaren 06-05-2007 02:19 PM

Stachyurus

I bought one and it is NOT happy. It seems to be terribly, and I
mean TERRIBLY, sensitive to drying winds. That was one of the thing
that I attempted to check, but none of my books or the Web hinted
at it.

Is it a known problem?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Sacha 06-05-2007 06:11 PM

Stachyurus

On 6/5/07 14:19, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

I bought one and it is NOT happy. It seems to be terribly, and I
mean TERRIBLY, sensitive to drying winds. That was one of the thing
that I attempted to check, but none of my books or the Web hinted
at it.

Is it a known problem?

Nick, a friend/customer of ours grows this in her garden which has to be one
of the windiest spots I've ever encountered. And she's given some to us
which is ditto, at times. OTOH, she has a walled garden as part of her
garden, so I'm going to ask her where she grows it. If I can contact her,
I'll let you know.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Nick Maclaren 06-05-2007 07:19 PM

Stachyurus

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Nick, a friend/customer of ours grows this in her garden which has to be one
| of the windiest spots I've ever encountered. And she's given some to us
| which is ditto, at times. OTOH, she has a walled garden as part of her
| garden, so I'm going to ask her where she grows it. If I can contact her,
| I'll let you know.

Thanks. It's odd, especially as the leaves that haven't shrivelled
haven't gone limp.

Unlike on my second Halesia monticola, which has just gone the way
of David Normandy's Virginia creeper :-(

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.