GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pond plant Q (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158381-pond-plant-q.html)

BoyPete 10-05-2007 07:28 PM

Pond plant Q

In my pond, I have a plant called Carex Riparia. The high winds lately have
broken a lot of the leaves (?). Should I leave them, cut them off at the
break, cut them off at the base, or............?
TIA :)
--
ßôyþëtë
London, UK

Bob Hobden 10-05-2007 10:47 PM

Pond plant Q

"BoyPete" wrote
In my pond, I have a plant called Carex Riparia. The high winds lately
have broken a lot of the leaves (?). Should I leave them, cut them off at
the break, cut them off at the base, or............?
TIA :)

Well it does happen naturally so you could just leave them, it's what
happens in nature. However it will (does?) look untidy so you could cut them
at the bend. Your shout.

--
Regards
Bob H