GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cats climbing polytunnels (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158722-cats-climbing-polytunnels.html)

Compo[_2_] 17-05-2007 04:17 PM

Cats climbing polytunnels

Our cat had a habit of climbing up the corners of the polytunnel,
resulting in a myriad of claw puncture holes on all four sides.
Having tried a number of different solutions to this problem I finally
cut up four pieces of tunnel polythene and using tunnel repair tape,
stuck them to each corner, so that the poly formed a flapping tube
about three feet from top to bottom, the base of the tube being about
a foot or so from ground level. It looks a little unsightly but it
has stopped the blighter from perforating the polytunnel!

Cheers,
Compo.

Charlie Pridham 17-05-2007 11:30 PM

Cats climbing polytunnels

"Compo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Our cat had a habit of climbing up the corners of the polytunnel,
resulting in a myriad of claw puncture holes on all four sides.
Having tried a number of different solutions to this problem I finally
cut up four pieces of tunnel polythene and using tunnel repair tape,
stuck them to each corner, so that the poly formed a flapping tube
about three feet from top to bottom, the base of the tube being about
a foot or so from ground level. It looks a little unsightly but it
has stopped the blighter from perforating the polytunnel!

Cheers,
Compo.

You wait till the seagulls spot insects/snails inside and get them by
punching holes through!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Compo[_2_] 18-05-2007 10:33 AM

Cats climbing polytunnels

On 17 May, 23:30, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:
"Compo" wrote in message
\snip\

.. It looks a little unsightly but it
has stopped the blighter from perforating the polytunnel!

Cheers,
Compo.

You wait till the seagulls spot insects/snails inside and get them by
punching holes through!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.

I use a rotary irrigation system that sprays jets up onto the inside
top of the tunnel. This washes all instects etc. off the poly daily.
Have had the tunnel for four years now and no seagul damage to date
(Touch wood!).

Northern Polytunnels 24'x18' size.

Cheers,
Compo in Caithness