GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   For Bob. A. W. Barnes apple. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158957-bob-w-barnes-apple.html)

Rod[_1_] 22-05-2007 03:35 PM

For Bob. A. W. Barnes apple.

While I was looking for something else I found this on the RHS fruit
group's website, there's a bit about the apple we talked about briefly
a couple of years or so ago. I was busy and didn't get far with my
local enquiries but if I had this is probably what I would have worked
out.
http://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/documen...letter0606.pdf

--
Rod

My real address is rodthegardeneratmyisp

Bob Hobden 23-05-2007 06:18 PM

For Bob. A. W. Barnes apple.

"Rod" wrote
While I was looking for something else I found this on the RHS fruit
group's website, there's a bit about the apple we talked about briefly a
couple of years or so ago. I was busy and didn't get far with my local
enquiries but if I had this is probably what I would have worked out.
http://www.rhs.org.uk/plants/documen...letter0606.pdf

Thanks for that Rod, I'll let my neighbours know that information. I'm sure
they will be interested as they love that old tree.
I had already found out it was named after his son who was killed in the
First WW and you can look him up at...
http://www.cwgc.org/debt_of_honour.asp?menuid=14 just by entering his
details. Useful site for Family History purposes.
--
Regards
Bob H