GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Blackbird (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159026-blackbird.html)

Geoff[_6_] 23-05-2007 06:24 PM

Blackbird

Well, a blackbird pinched a wierd looking ripe strawberry off the plants in
my planter - it looked like a cow's udder!!

But my wife and I had a couple off the raised bed over which I have put
netting to stop any more thefts! There's a lot of strawberries almost ready
for picking - looks like it's going to be a good year.

The runner beans - growing through large holes cut in the bases of large
inverted plastic flower pots are nearly sky high and the flowers are
showing. When the flowers are out I'll do another trick I was told about
many years ago by an old Cornishman to whom I made a promise never to tell
anybody and I can keep a promise.

Geoff

Sacha 25-05-2007 12:37 PM

Blackbird

On 25/5/07 10:05, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 23 May 2007 17:24:38 GMT, "Geoff" wrote:

Well, a blackbird pinched a wierd looking ripe strawberry off the plants in
my planter - it looked like a cow's udder!!

That sounds more like tits than a blackbird.

Blackbirds and thrushes pinch strawberries off the plants in the greenhouses
here. And chunks out of the tomatoes!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk