GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Grass To Gravel (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159213-grass-gravel.html)

rabc 27-05-2007 10:27 PM

Grass To Gravel

HI
I HAVE JUST RECENTLY REMOVED MY LAWN AND REPLACED IT WITH 20mm GRAVEL AND TO BE HONEST IT LOOKS DULL, THE LAWN WAS ONLY 24 SQUARE METRES SO I CANT EXACLY PUT A BIG FEATURE IN THE MIDDLE,
HAS ANYONE ANY SUGGESTIONS ie PLANTS IN THE GRAVEL OR PLANTS IN CONTAINERS , FAILING THAT IT WILL BE OUT WITH THE SHOVEL AND THERE WILL BE BAGS OF GRAVEL FOR SALE........THANKS

An Oasis 28-05-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabc (Post 715999)
HI
I HAVE JUST RECENTLY REMOVED MY LAWN AND REPLACED IT WITH 20mm GRAVEL AND TO BE HONEST IT LOOKS DULL, THE LAWN WAS ONLY 24 SQUARE METRES SO I CANT EXACLY PUT A BIG FEATURE IN THE MIDDLE,
HAS ANYONE ANY SUGGESTIONS ie PLANTS IN THE GRAVEL OR PLANTS IN CONTAINERS , FAILING THAT IT WILL BE OUT WITH THE SHOVEL AND THERE WILL BE BAGS OF GRAVEL FOR SALE........THANKS

Yukkas - http://www.answers.com/topic/yukka-filamentosa-jpg
Butia Capitata - http://www.plantsforimpact.com/?p=133
Grasses - blue Fescue looks great in gravel - http://www.greenarrownurseries.com/w...estuca_jpg.htm
Or treat yourself to some great looking planters and stick in plants you like. Big range of planters here http://www.plantsforimpact.com/?page_id=81

What colour of gravel have you used?

old perennial 30-05-2007 10:11 AM

I hope you put down a layer of weed supressent cloth first and not plastic sheeting which holds the water.

Try some of the Alpines or evergreen shrubs. One or two conifers would look great too.