GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Help with ID (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159467-help-id.html)

Wally[_2_] 01-06-2007 09:44 PM

Help with ID

Please can anyone tell me what this plant
is called.
It has been climbing our fence for a number of
years and doing very well but this year it doesn't
seem to be doing so well, eg. it is not as dense as
it usually is and a lot of the branches are bare.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you : Wally

Ooops, nearly forgot the link.
http://wally1002.tripod.com/fence/DSCF0025.JPG

platypusgra 01-06-2007 09:55 PM

Help with ID

On 1 Jun, 21:44, "Wally" wrote:
Please can anyone tell me what this plant
is called.
It has been climbing our fence for a number of
years and doing very well but this year it doesn't
seem to be doing so well, eg. it is not as dense as
it usually is and a lot of the branches are bare.
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you : Wally

Ooops, nearly forgot the link.http://wally1002.tripod.com/fence/DSCF0025.JPG

It is a virginia creeper (Parthenocissus) and it looks like the
variety Parthenocissus quinquefolia