GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   watering timer (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159527-watering-timer.html)

judith[_2_] 03-06-2007 12:51 PM

watering timer

A couple of months ago I bought an electronic timer from Netto - for
fifteen quid. Just the job.

However, the bugger packed up last night - didn't water the plants.
(I've got my money back)

I would really like to get another - but don't want to pay Hozelock
35-40 quid sort of prices.

Anyone recommend a good but cheap alternative. (Not flashy in terms
of programmes - just a single on and off for a set period each day
would be fine)

Wally[_2_] 03-06-2007 02:53 PM

watering timer

"judith" wrote in message
A couple of months ago I bought an electronic timer from Netto - for
fifteen quid. Just the job.

However, the bugger packed up last night - didn't water the plants.
(I've got my money back)

I would really like to get another - but don't want to pay Hozelock
35-40 quid sort of prices.

Anyone recommend a good but cheap alternative. (Not flashy in terms
of programmes - just a single on and off for a set period each day
would be fine)

I found a high speck Hoselock one on e-bay for £20.
Might be worth you looking there Judith.

Wally

Wally[_2_] 03-06-2007 03:32 PM

watering timer

I found a high speck Hoselock one on e-bay for £20.
Might be worth you looking there Judith.

Wally

Just had a quick look, here's one for £25.free delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Hoze...QQcmdZViewItem

HTH
Wally

Wally[_2_] 03-06-2007 03:39 PM

watering timer

"Wally" wrote in message

I found a high speck Hoselock one on e-bay for £20.
Might be worth you looking there Judith.

Wally

Just had a quick look, here's one for £25.free delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Hoze...QQcmdZViewItem

HTH
Wally

Better still £14.99 + £2.99 post

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRONIC-GAR...QQcmdZViewItem

Wally

judith[_2_] 03-06-2007 06:27 PM

watering timer

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:39:49 +0100, "Wally" wrote:

"Wally" wrote in message

I found a high speck Hoselock one on e-bay for £20.
Might be worth you looking there Judith.

Wally

Just had a quick look, here's one for £25.free delivery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brand-New-Hoze...QQcmdZViewItem

HTH
Wally

Better still £14.99 + £2.99 post

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELECTRONIC-GAR...QQcmdZViewItem

Wally

Many thanks - I had wondered about those - does anyone have experience
of them?

Alan Holmes[_2_] 03-06-2007 07:11 PM

watering timer

"Wally" wrote in message

"judith" wrote in message
A couple of months ago I bought an electronic timer from Netto - for
fifteen quid. Just the job.

However, the bugger packed up last night - didn't water the plants.
(I've got my money back)

I would really like to get another - but don't want to pay Hozelock
35-40 quid sort of prices.

Anyone recommend a good but cheap alternative. (Not flashy in terms
of programmes - just a single on and off for a set period each day
would be fine)

I found a high speck Hoselock one on e-bay for £20.
Might be worth you looking there Judith.

I got mine from Wilkinsons a lot cheaper than that.

[email protected] 04-06-2007 01:48 AM

watering timer

I bought one last month, and was so impressed I bought two more as presents.

Chris Cook
Beckenham, Kent

Oxymel of Squill 04-06-2007 10:01 PM

watering timer

I bought my Hozelock in B&Q remaindered at £16. Hang around there until they
decide they're overpriced