GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Composting and pet produce. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159606-composting-pet-produce.html)

cousin_jacks 05-06-2007 12:09 PM

Composting and pet produce.

First off - hello - I'm new so please excuse anything daft. I've had a quick google and a look at the FAQ as well (although the link appears to be currently broken).

My question is this - we have recently setup our composter and have been happily composting all our vegetable waste, old bread etc. The compost we intend to use next year on gorwing our own vegetables. We have 4 cats, 2 dogs and 2 rabbits. Whilst I understand that cat / dog waste is obviously never suitable for composting would the rabbits bedding which is straw be compostable ? They also have a separate "litter" area which is a small tray of sawdust. Would this be suitable for composting as well ?