GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cannot Identify This Plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159882-cannot-identify-plant.html)

JP 01 10-06-2007 06:18 PM

Cannot Identify This Plant

Hello..this is my first post on this Forum so hello to everyone..lovely weather down here in the South of England.

Just wondering if anyone on the Forum can identify this plant..it is an extremely rapid growing plant and resides in the bottom right hand corner of our garden..my wife and I just cannot identify it..the pictures are taken within 2 days of one another and this indicates how rapid growing it is. Thanks for any replies.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/...267eed24_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1329/...c8eed448_b.jpg

echinosum 11-06-2007 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP 01 (Post 720038)
Hello..this is my first post on this Forum so hello to everyone..lovely weather down here in the South of England.

Just wondering if anyone on the Forum can identify this plant..it is an extremely rapid growing plant and resides in the bottom right hand corner of our garden..my wife and I just cannot identify it..the pictures are taken within 2 days of one another and this indicates how rapid growing it is. Thanks for any replies.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1170/...267eed24_b.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1329/...c8eed448_b.jpg

Which one are we looking at? The evergreen shrub at the back is "laurel". The aroids in the midground are, from what I can see of them, Dracunculus vulgaris, but it would be easier if we see the whole plant - the stem has a characteristic mottled appearance. Google it and you'll see what it should look like. The flowering shrub in the foreground, I can't tell.

JP 01 11-06-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echinosum (Post 720276)
Which one are we looking at? The evergreen shrub at the back is "laurel". The aroids in the midground are, from what I can see of them, Dracunculus vulgaris, but it would be easier if we see the whole plant - the stem has a characteristic mottled appearance. Google it and you'll see what it should look like. The flowering shrub in the foreground, I can't tell.

Echinosum..many thanks for identifying the plant (sorry for not being more specific as to what plant we was looking at) as you say it is the Dracunculus Vulgaris and as you suggested have Googled it and now have plenty of info on it..must say it is not the nicest looking plant in the garden..but it is certainly unusual to say the least..thanks once again for your help on that.