GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Please help identify beetle (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159890-please-help-identify-beetle.html)

Baal 10-06-2007 06:15 PM

Please help identify beetle

Small about 6mm in length and has blue body with orange spots. Just
crawling around - didn't seem to be munching the plants.

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

[email protected] 10-06-2007 09:32 PM

On Jun 10, 6:15 pm, "Baal" wrote:
Small about 6mm in length and has blue body with orange spots. Just
crawling around - didn't seem to be munching the plants.

--

Baal

Right, o.k., Expert Lea here, it seems to be a cold insect with
chicken pox.

Judith

[email protected] 10-06-2007 10:37 PM

"Baal" writes:

Small about 6mm in length and has blue body with orange spots. Just
crawling around - didn't seem to be munching the plants.

Does the pattern look like a negative ladybird? If so, it probably
is. They're not all black on red.

Anthony

Baal 10-06-2007 10:48 PM

Please help identify beetle

I think it might be laybug larvae.

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way
" wrote in message
ps.com...

K 11-06-2007 07:43 AM

Please help identify beetle

Baal writes
I think it might be laybug larvae.

--

Ladybug larva was my first thought. Is it soft bodied, longer than wide,
and pointed at the rear?

Baal 16-06-2007 02:59 PM

Please help identify beetle

Yes that's the one Kay. Thank you!