GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Conifier browned on own side (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159907-conifier-browned-own-side.html)

john smile 10-06-2007 09:22 PM

Conifier browned on own side

Moved to this house about a year ago.I had never watered this conifier
before. Is this why it is browning ?

http://i19.tinypic.com/6ftsb44.jpg

I am starting watering it now. Is it too late ? or do i need to cut
the brown bits out ?

Bob Hobden 10-06-2007 11:07 PM

Conifier browned on own side

"john smile" wrote...
Moved to this house about a year ago.I had never watered this conifier
before. Is this why it is browning ?

http://i19.tinypic.com/6ftsb44.jpg

I am starting watering it now. Is it too late ? or do i need to cut
the brown bits out ?

The brown bits are dead and it won't go back green again. If it was me I'd
remove the whole thing as it's going to look terrible. I'd then plant
something else that didn't take so much light from the window.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Russel Sprout 10-06-2007 11:11 PM

Conifier browned on own side

"john smile" wrote in message
ups.com...
Moved to this house about a year ago.I had never watered this conifier
before. Is this why it is browning ?

http://i19.tinypic.com/6ftsb44.jpg

I am starting watering it now. Is it too late ? or do i need to cut
the brown bits out ?

I'd bet on spider mite, although it may be something else. Either way it's
not going to get better.

Sacha 10-06-2007 11:30 PM

Conifier browned on own side

On 10/6/07 23:07, in article , "Bob
Hobden" wrote:

"john smile" wrote...
Moved to this house about a year ago.I had never watered this conifier
before. Is this why it is browning ?

http://i19.tinypic.com/6ftsb44.jpg

I am starting watering it now. Is it too late ? or do i need to cut
the brown bits out ?

The brown bits are dead and it won't go back green again. If it was me I'd
remove the whole thing as it's going to look terrible. I'd then plant
something else that didn't take so much light from the window.

Couldn't agree more. That is always going to look 'sad' and it's too big
for the situation it's in, IMO.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk