Old 11-06-2007, 06:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse Assembly

A friend has been emptying a garage and has kindly given me a greenhouse.
Never been used and still in its box. So far, so good but there is a
problem. The greenhouse was originally purchased from a firm known as
Aluminium Greenhouses and their factory was in Bilston. Its dimensions are 8
feet 4 inches x 6 feet 4 inches.
My problem lies in the fact that the original purchaser of the greenhouse
died twenty six years ago. The box had never been opened but, with my luck,
there were no assembly instructions inside it. I am now faced with a three
dimensional jigsaw puzzle of epic proportions. I have tried looking at many
websites but with no success. Is there anybody out there who can point me in
the right direction to assemble it, please ?

Thank you !

Old 12-06-2007, 09:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nigel Evans" wrote in message
A friend has been emptying a garage and has kindly given me a greenhouse.
Never been used and still in its box. So far, so good but there is a
problem. The greenhouse was originally purchased from a firm known as
Aluminium Greenhouses and their factory was in Bilston. Its dimensions are
8 feet 4 inches x 6 feet 4 inches.
My problem lies in the fact that the original purchaser of the greenhouse
died twenty six years ago. The box had never been opened but, with my
luck, there were no assembly instructions inside it. I am now faced with a
three dimensional jigsaw puzzle of epic proportions. I have tried looking
at many websites but with no success. Is there anybody out there who can
point me in the right direction to assemble it, please ?

Not as difficult as it might seem at first glance but difficult to sdescribe
in words. First off think of what you have, two side walls, two roof
sections and two apex walls, one with a door. Locate the ridge bar, there
will only be one then sort all similar pieces out and guess by length and
number which are wall uprights and which are roof, after that with a bit of
trial and error it should look a bit easier.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:42:21 +0100, Nigel Evans wrote
(in article ):

A friend has been emptying a garage and has kindly given me a greenhouse.
Never been used and still in its box. So far, so good but there is a
problem. The greenhouse was originally purchased from a firm known as
Aluminium Greenhouses and their factory was in Bilston. Its dimensions are 8
feet 4 inches x 6 feet 4 inches.
My problem lies in the fact that the original purchaser of the greenhouse
died twenty six years ago. The box had never been opened but, with my luck,
there were no assembly instructions inside it. I am now faced with a three
dimensional jigsaw puzzle of epic proportions. I have tried looking at many
websites but with no success. Is there anybody out there who can point me in
the right direction to assemble it, please ?

This is not necessarily "your" greenhouse, but gives step by step
illustrations which may help:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/strucs/msg1018342913355.html

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

Old 14-06-2007, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
This is not necessarily "your" greenhouse, but gives step by step
illustrations which may help:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/strucs/msg1018342913355.html

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation
churchyard:
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Thanks for your help. I think I'm making progress.

Old 14-06-2007, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 14 Jun, 09:41, "Nigel Evans" wrote:
"Sally Thompson" wrote in message

al.net...

This is not necessarily "your" greenhouse, but gives step by step
illustrations which may help:

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/strucs/msg1018342913355.html

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation
churchyard:
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk

Thanks for your help. I think I'm making progress.

I would be inclined to assemble the 2 end sections first this will
then tell you the length of the side bars and the roof bars, The ridge
piece and the Gutter bars(?)
should be obvious, you may well find that the roof vent/s slide into
place.
If in doubt, if you have a digital camera then take pics of other
glasshouses, they are all fairly similar in design, and should help
you sort out the bits.
I have a 12 X 8 house to put up for the wife, and it's just a pile of
glazing bars and other bits, it will be like a large jigsaw.
Have fun
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 15-06-2007, 10:04 AM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Evans View Post
A friend has been emptying a garage and has kindly given me a greenhouse.
Never been used and still in its box. So far, so good but there is a
problem. The greenhouse was originally purchased from a firm known as
Aluminium Greenhouses and their factory was in Bilston. Its dimensions are 8
feet 4 inches x 6 feet 4 inches.
My problem lies in the fact that the original purchaser of the greenhouse
died twenty six years ago. The box had never been opened but, with my luck,
there were no assembly instructions inside it. I am now faced with a three
dimensional jigsaw puzzle of epic proportions. I have tried looking at many
websites but with no success. Is there anybody out there who can point me in
the right direction to assemble it, please ?

Thank you !
Generally speaking, all greenhouses use the same profile or cross sections so why not study a neighbours greenhouse and sketch what the end bars look like etc and it might make it clearer.
I always have difficulty with Louvres in as much as they always end up 'inside out' abit like wardrobes!

Buy a few more packets of glass clips too, cant have too many
Old 15-06-2007, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Hi Nigel,

I've just been going through some old brochures, and I've found one for
AGL - (Aluminium Greenhouses Ltd), there's a picture of a greenhouse the
same size as yours - 1.928m x 2.568m, it's called the Popular 86. Their
address on the back of the brochure is Deacon Trading Estate, Forstal Road,
Aylesford, Kent, ME20 7SP. No phone number unfortunately and I've looked on
yell.com but they don't appear to be listed. However I've found a picture of
your greenhouse on the web -
http://www.gardensite.org.uk/greenho...by_easily_2006
and go down to popular 8ft x 6ft wide greenhouse.
Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Old 15-06-2007, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi Nigel,

Sorry to reply to my own post, but I've just been on the Halls web site
http://www.hallsgardenbuildings.com/popular_range.php and they have the
Popular 86 on there, they are also based in Aylesford, Kent, so it looks
like the two compaines have merged and the AGL name dropped.

It might be worth contacting Halls on 01622 791234 or
and see if they can send you the instructions.

Cheers

Nick
http://www.ukgardening.co.uk

Cold frame assembly Econerd Gardening 6 24-01-2012 10:00 PM
Help with Assembly of Rubbermaid 35 Gallon Biofilter Bowhunter Ponds 3 20-05-2005 11:26 PM
Eheim Assembly ? Nsty N8 Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 06:22 AM
greenhouse frogs Dave Lockwood Orchids 4 01-04-2003 05:20 PM
Eheim Assembly ? LeighMo Freshwater Aquaria Plants 9 07-02-2003 07:04 PM