GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   what is this flower? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/160222-what-flower.html)

Mark Thomas 16-06-2007 09:52 PM

what is this flower?

Hi,

After some flower identification help - the followering two (large)
pictures were taken in Somerset this week. Anyone
know what they a-

http://www.writerslife.net/flower1.jpg
http://www.writerslife.net/flower2.jpg

Probably something very common but it looked lovely and smelt nice
too.

Thanks

Mark

Stewart Robert Hinsley 16-06-2007 10:09 PM

what is this flower?

In message .com, Mark
Thomas writes
Hi,

After some flower identification help - the followering two (large)
pictures were taken in Somerset this week. Anyone
know what they a-

http://www.writerslife.net/flower1.jpg
http://www.writerslife.net/flower2.jpg

Probably something very common but it looked lovely and smelt nice
too.

Thanks

Mark

Oenothera (Evening Primrose); I don't recognise the species, but it's
not unlike the Oenothera hookeriana I photographed back in 2004.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

K 16-06-2007 10:15 PM

what is this flower?

Mark Thomas writes
Hi,

After some flower identification help - the followering two (large)
pictures were taken in Somerset this week. Anyone
know what they a-

http://www.writerslife.net/flower1.jpg
http://www.writerslife.net/flower2.jpg

Probably something very common but it looked lovely and smelt nice
too.

Thanks

Evening primrose
--
Kay

Kate Morgan 16-06-2007 10:23 PM

what is this flower?

"Hi,

After some flower identification help - the followering two (large)
pictures were taken in Somerset this week. Anyone
know what they a-

http://www.writerslife.net/flower1.jpg
http://www.writerslife.net/flower2.jpg

Probably something very common but it looked lovely and smelt nice
too.

Thanks

Mark

Oenothera (Evening Primrose); I don't recognise the species, but it's not
unlike the Oenothera hookeriana I photographed back in 2004.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

As Stewart has just said Evening primrose. One of my favourites but mine are
not that far on as yet. A good occupation on a mild evening is watching them
slowly open up.

kate

Mark Thomas 20-06-2007 07:53 AM

what is this flower?

On Jun 16, 10:15 pm, K wrote:
Mark Thomas writesHi,

After some flower identification help - the followering two (large)
pictures were taken in Somerset this week. Anyone
know what they a-

http://www.writerslife.net/flower1.jpg
http://www.writerslife.net/flower2.jpg

Probably something very common but it looked lovely and smelt nice
too.

Thanks

Evening primrose
--