Old 18-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered User

Default Can someone tell me what tree this is?

can anyone tell me what tree this is at all please??
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/albu...hoto=100211117
Old 18-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDavis View Post
Old 18-06-2007, 07:00 PM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDavis View Post
Looks like an Ash tree to me...... any chance of getting a closer photo of it, please?

Rachel
__________________
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales
Old 18-06-2007, 10:29 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Aitch View Post

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/albu...hoto=100219366 this is a small branch. thanks
Old 25-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDavis View Post
Hi Mrs D, sorry about the delay, I don't log in every day, and I thought that someone more knowledgeable would have been along!

I'm not certain, but I still think it looks like Ash. Can you remember back a couple of months, before the leaves came out, if the buds were matt charcoal black, then it's definitely Ash.

If it appeared from nowhere, then it's probably Ash.

Are there any Ash trees near to your garden? It's sometimes a help to walk around your area looking at what's growing in the street and in the adjacent gardens, you can compare your leaves with what you can see nearby.

Hope this helps!

Rachel

Old 25-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Registered User

Location: Otley ,West Yorks

I would agree from the tree shape and the leaves that its an ash - a similar leafed tree is the Mountain Ash (or Rowan). The Mountain Ash is very similar when young but its generally finer in shape and the leaves are more serated around the edge. Here is a good site for recognition of native trees:

http://www.woodland-trust.org.uk/bri...guide/home.htm

Click on Ash and Rowan to compare the two.