GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Another flower / weed ID I'm afaid :( (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/160330-another-flower-weed-id-im-afaid.html)

Uncle-C 19-06-2007 10:46 AM

Another flower / weed ID I'm afaid :(

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6315/purplesy0.jpg

At first I thought it may be a Prunella Vulgaris but I was wrong. They
are growing on what was previously my seed bed so perhaps they could
be seeds from a while back ? I have some growing in a few old pots as
well. Any ideas for future reference ??

Thanks,

Uncle C

Sunny High Wycombe.

Des Higgins 19-06-2007 11:06 AM

On Jun 19, 10:46 am, Uncle-C wrote:
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6315/purplesy0.jpg

At first I thought it may be a Prunella Vulgaris but I was wrong. They
are growing on what was previously my seed bed so perhaps they could
be seeds from a while back ? I have some growing in a few old pots as
well. Any ideas for future reference ??

Thanks,

Uncle C

Sunny High Wycombe.

Matthiola? Stock? It should smell nice.

Des

Des Higgins 19-06-2007 11:52 AM

On Jun 19, 11:06 am, Des Higgins wrote:
On Jun 19, 10:46 am, Uncle-C wrote:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6315/purplesy0.jpg

At first I thought it may be a Prunella Vulgaris but I was wrong. They
are growing on what was previously my seed bed so perhaps they could
be seeds from a while back ? I have some growing in a few old pots as
well. Any ideas for future reference ??

Thanks,

Uncle C

Sunny High Wycombe.

Matthiola? Stock? It should smell nice.

Des

Or Iberis (talking to myself here; even contradicting myself; please
ignore);
some Brassicaceae that looks familiar from my grannies garden anyway.

Des

K 19-06-2007 12:31 PM

Another flower / weed ID I'm afaid :(

Des Higgins writes
On Jun 19, 11:06 am, Des Higgins wrote:
On Jun 19, 10:46 am, Uncle-C wrote:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6315/purplesy0.jpg

At first I thought it may be a Prunella Vulgaris but I was wrong. They
are growing on what was previously my seed bed so perhaps they could
be seeds from a while back ? I have some growing in a few old pots as
well. Any ideas for future reference ??

Thanks,

Uncle C

Sunny High Wycombe.

Matthiola? Stock? It should smell nice.

Des

Or Iberis (talking to myself here; even contradicting myself; please
ignore);
some Brassicaceae that looks familiar from my grannies garden anyway.

Definitely Candytuft (Iberis) - common constituent of annual seed mixes

Too many flowers in the head for Matthiola or stock.
--
Kay

Des Higgins 19-06-2007 01:30 PM

Another flower / weed ID I'm afaid :(

On Jun 19, 12:31 pm, K wrote:
Des Higgins writes

[...]

Glad I changed my mind :-). Candytuft it is then. I knew it was one
of those small Brassicac ohhh bugger Cruciferae is easier to spell but
have never grown either of them but they are all familiar and blur
together. None of them are trendy any more.

Des