GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Kolkwitzia amabalis not flowering.... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/160347-kolkwitzia-amabalis-not-flowering.html)

Mark N 19-06-2007 04:12 PM

Kolkwitzia amabalis not flowering....

I bought it about two years ago.....it didn't flower last year....but
I thought it was probably just settling in....but it hasn't flowered
this year.

Now I think I read somewhere that some of them are duff, and you
should only buy pink cloud....so I'm tempted to just dig it up and
throw in in the compost...

any advice?....if I do dig it up and throw it on the compost I could
obviously get the named variety....but I could put my neck out and try
something else.

Neutral Clay, backed by south east facing wall, midlands....needs to
flower, preferably probably in spring, evergreen is always bonus...but
certainly not a requirement....the intention is for it to eventually
get about 10ft wide by less than fifteen foot tall.

Sacha 19-06-2007 04:57 PM

Kolkwitzia amabalis not flowering....

On 19/6/07 16:12, in article
, "Mark N"
wrote:

I bought it about two years ago.....it didn't flower last year....but
I thought it was probably just settling in....but it hasn't flowered
this year.

Now I think I read somewhere that some of them are duff, and you
should only buy pink cloud....so I'm tempted to just dig it up and
throw in in the compost...

any advice?....if I do dig it up and throw it on the compost I could
obviously get the named variety....but I could put my neck out and try
something else.

You could always dig it up but put it in a large enough pot and wait to see
what happens.

Neutral Clay, backed by south east facing wall, midlands....needs to
flower, preferably probably in spring, evergreen is always bonus...but
certainly not a requirement....the intention is for it to eventually
get about 10ft wide by less than fifteen foot tall.

Weigela, Viburnum? More than one, if necessary.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk