GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Jalapenos (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/160406-jalapenos.html)

Mike Burtenshaw 20-06-2007 05:54 PM

Jalapenos

I've been lurking and noticed, there are some very knowledgeable posters
here.

So, I thought maybe someone would be able to tell me how to know when a
jalapeno is ripe.

Mike

Sam 20-06-2007 08:43 PM

Jalapenos

Mike Burtenshaw wrote:
I've been lurking and noticed, there are some very knowledgeable posters
here.

So, I thought maybe someone would be able to tell me how to know when a
jalapeno is ripe.

Mike

When it is red, Mike, but if you pick them green they will ripen in the
kitchen.
Sam.

Nick Maclaren 20-06-2007 09:02 PM

Jalapenos

In article ,
Sam writes:
| Mike Burtenshaw wrote:
| I've been lurking and noticed, there are some very knowledgeable posters
| here.
|
| So, I thought maybe someone would be able to tell me how to know when a
| jalapeno is ripe.
|
| When it is red, Mike, but if you pick them green they will ripen in the
| kitchen.

And you can eat them green - they usually are eaten like that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mike Burtenshaw 21-06-2007 07:48 PM

Jalapenos

Thanks for the info. I want to keep them coming all summer long, so, I
guess I'll pick them when I see the first tinge of red.

Have a good one, Mike