GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ladybirds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/160424-ladybirds.html)

Frank Booth Snr 20-06-2007 11:40 PM

Ladybirds

Where have all the ladybirds gone to this year? So far I haven't seen a
single one. Meanwhile the greenfly levels are a lot higher than normal.

Sally Thompson 21-06-2007 05:54 PM

Ladybirds

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:40:30 +0100, Frank Booth Snr wrote
(in article ):

Where have all the ladybirds gone to this year? So far I haven't seen a
single one. Meanwhile the greenfly levels are a lot higher than normal.

Well we have hundreds of them, far more than previous years. They seem to
love forget-me-nots, and also the wild vetches in our wild areas.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

Brian Watson 22-06-2007 08:12 AM

Ladybirds

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
Where have all the ladybirds gone to this year? So far I haven't seen a
single one. Meanwhile the greenfly levels are a lot higher than normal.

In Cambridgeshire they woke up early because of the mild spring, then (I
think) got bumped off by the subsequent cold snap.

Quite a few small ones are about now.

--
Brian

Beryl Harwood 22-06-2007 11:19 AM

Ladybirds

T message
from "Brian Watson" contains these words:

"Frank Booth Snr" wrote in message
Where have all the ladybirds gone to this year? So far I haven't seen a
single one. Meanwhile the greenfly levels are a lot higher than normal.

In Cambridgeshire they woke up early because of the mild spring, then (I
think) got bumped off by the subsequent cold snap.

Quite a few small ones are about now.

I think the same must have happend here in Cheshire. There were a lot
about when I first cut the grass at the front this year [I hate to do
that as it distrubs them] and there are a few around now, but I could do
with a whole lot more!! The greefly are having a feast on my roses!
--
Beryl

Winsford, Cheshire