GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bloody rabbits (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/160634-bloody-rabbits.html)

Muddymike 23-06-2007 10:25 AM

Bloody rabbits

For the first time I have been carefully nurturing seedlings in the
greenhouse, months of sowing them, thinning them, watering them, re-potting
them, hardening them off etc. Planted loads of them out last weekend and
three bloody rabbits have appeared and eaten the lot **!!!***!!

Mike (can I borrow a gun)

Charles Thorpe 23-06-2007 11:10 PM

Bloody rabbits

Muddymike wrote:

For the first time I have been carefully nurturing seedlings in the
greenhouse, months of sowing them, thinning them, watering them,
re-potting them, hardening them off etc. Planted loads of them out
last weekend and three bloody rabbits have appeared and eaten the
lot **!!!***!!

Know the feeling!

Pickles, the pet rabbit next door dug under the fence and scoffed the
tops off me toms! Fortunately new leaves are appearing, but I fear my
crop of Gardeners Delight will be much reduced. Funnily enough he
didn't touch the 2 Sungold nearby.

--
Regards, Charles
Unobfuscate to reply by mail

CWatters 24-06-2007 12:02 PM

Bloody rabbits

"Muddymike" wrote in message
For the first time I have been carefully nurturing seedlings in the
greenhouse, months of sowing them, thinning them, watering them,

re-potting
them, hardening them off etc. Planted loads of them out last weekend and
three bloody rabbits have appeared and eaten the lot **!!!***!!

Mike (can I borrow a gun)

I know the problem. Might I recommend a BSA Lightning XL plus a telescopic
sight (extra)...
www.daileisure.com

Sacha 24-06-2007 12:24 PM

Bloody rabbits

On 24/6/07 12:02, in article
, "CWatters"
wrote:

"Muddymike" wrote in message
For the first time I have been carefully nurturing seedlings in the
greenhouse, months of sowing them, thinning them, watering them,

re-potting
them, hardening them off etc. Planted loads of them out last weekend and
three bloody rabbits have appeared and eaten the lot **!!!***!!

Mike (can I borrow a gun)

I know the problem. Might I recommend a BSA Lightning XL plus a telescopic
sight (extra)...
www.daileisure.com

Alternatively, an electrified rabbit fence! We had one round the duck pond
when it was still a duck pond and it stopped the dogs from trying to get at
the ducks! IIRC, it was about 2' high and each dog's nose had to touch it
only once!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

[email protected] 20-07-2007 08:18 PM

Bloody rabbits

On Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:25:02 +0100, "Muddymike"
wrote:

For the first time I have been carefully nurturing seedlings in the
greenhouse, months of sowing them, thinning them, watering them, re-potting
them, hardening them off etc. Planted loads of them out last weekend and
three bloody rabbits have appeared and eaten the lot **!!!***!!

Mike (can I borrow a gun)

Good for the rabbits!

Next time buy some rabbit netting.

Angus Macmillan
www.roots-of-blood.org.uk
www.killhunting.org
www.con-servation.org.uk

All truth passes through three stages:
First, it is ridiculed;
Second, it is violently opposed; and
Third, it is accepted as self-evident.
-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Barry[_4_] 22-07-2007 05:33 PM

Bloody rabbits

wrote:

For the first time I have been carefully nurturing seedlings in the
greenhouse, months of sowing them, thinning them, watering them,
re-potting
them, hardening them off etc. Planted loads of them out last weekend and
three bloody rabbits have appeared and eaten the lot **!!!***!!

Mike (can I borrow a gun)

Good for the rabbits!

Next time buy some rabbit netting.

Well make sure you put it up very high and also bury it in the ground
For the first time ever this year I saw small rabbits climb over netting 3
ft high.

So now I shoot them !

Once shot they tend not to come back !!!

Barry

[email protected] 28-07-2007 11:30 PM

Bloody rabbits

wrote:

For the first time I have been carefully nurturing seedlings in the
greenhouse, months of sowing them, thinning them, watering them,
re-potting
them, hardening them off etc. Planted loads of them out last weekend and
three bloody rabbits have appeared and eaten the lot **!!!***!!

Mike (can I borrow a gun)

Good for the rabbits!

Next time buy some rabbit netting.

Well make sure you put it up very high and also bury it in the ground
For the first time ever this year I saw small rabbits climb over netting 3
ft high.

So now I shoot them !

Once shot they tend not to come back !!!

Barry- Hide quoted text -

Probably the best way.