Old 03-07-2007, 09:50 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

Default Now even spiders, squid and lobsters could have rights, and about time too!

"Rupert" wrote
On Jul 3, 2:53 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

[..]

If the intended conclusion is "therefore, you have no valid
criticisms
of the status quo", then it certainly is a fallacy. You
apparently
acknowledge this below.

The intended conclusion is "those who live in glass houses should
not
throw
stones".

Get more specific.

Those whose comfortable lifestyles and diets depend upon the
systematic
harming of animals do not have moral standing to criticize others.

Right. So you don't have the moral standing to criticize anyone at
all. Is that the story?

No, stupid. I don't have the standing to criticize people for doing
essentially what I do myself. If I do so I become a hypocrite.

I don't agree with you that the people you're debating on this
newsgroup are doing that in any sense which you're not.

That was just another one of your argumentative statements. I don't
criticize people's diets and lifestyles here. Yes, I criticize Harrison for
supporting cock-fighting, but I don't raise fighting animals or support any
similar form of animal brutality for entertainment so it's not hypocritical
for me to do that.

Is the intended conclusion that people who ever at
any time in their lives financially support some processes that
cause
harm are not entitled to make any criticisms of the status quo?
That's
utterly absurd. If that's not the intended conclusion, then what is?

See above. Status quo is a strawman.

That's a bit oxymoronic. How can it be a strawman if it's the status
quo?

I am not defending the status quo, and your position is not a simple
attack
on the status quo, it is an attack on the fundamental way we view the
world,
and an irrational one at that.

You've yet to demonstrate its irrationality.

It's been argued, you do not appear to be in a receptive frame of mind.

I'm not even clear with
which aspects of it you disagree.

I realize that. It would help if you were more clear about your own beliefs,
they seem to be a cauldron of confused ideas and ideals.

We may very well agree that the status

quo with respect to industrialized agriculture is unacceptable, but
that
does not mean we agree on the status of animals vs humans.

In what respects do we disagree?

I believe that the limited mental capacities of most animals makes it
morally permissible to use them, provided that we take care to ensure
their
lives are as stress-free as possible. Ignorance is bliss. I believe this
belief is reinforced by the reality that animals are ubiquitous and we
could
not stop harming them anyway in the production of food and other goods.

To whatever extent you don't believe as I do, we disagree.

I think we need to get clearer on the meaning of the constraint that
"their lives are as stress-free as possible". Which forms of use does
that rule out, exactly?

Fighting, but that's only partially because of the stress it places on the
animals. Otherwise I am not saying that specific uses should be prohibited,
I am saying the farming and husbandry practises ought to continue to be
reformed to the stage where the animals live their entire lives in relative
contentment. I think we owe it to them to reciprocate to that extent for any
service they give to us. Currently I do not believe that most animal
agriculture meets this challenge, but I also think there is a growing group
of consumers demanding it, and a counter-trend in that direction. If
vegetarians and pro-welfare advocates could get on the same page instead of
pointing fingers it might be beneficial.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:56 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:50:14 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:

"Rupert" wrote
On Jul 3, 2:53 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

[..]

[...]

You're constantly doing just that. You're an argumentative, natural
bully and you don't even realise it.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:33 PM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Gloria" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 08:50:14 GMT, "Dutch" wrote:

"Rupert" wrote
On Jul 3, 2:53 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

[..]

[...]

That's completely incorrect, I do not criticize anyone's diet or lifestyle
here. I criticize their statements or arguments when I find them to be
flawed or poorly thought-out, which is the primary purpose of a newsgroup.
You perceive me to be a bully because my criticisms are frequently spot-on.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:15 PM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Jul 3, 6:50 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote

On Jul 3, 2:53 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

[..]

[...]

Just a statement of my opinion. If you want to try to give me some
reason to change my opinion, go ahead.

I don't
criticize people's diets and lifestyles here.

Neither do I.

Yes, I criticize Harrison for
supporting cock-fighting, but I don't raise fighting animals or support any
similar form of animal brutality for entertainment so it's not hypocritical
for me to do that.

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?

Is the intended conclusion that people who ever at
any time in their lives financially support some processes that
cause
harm are not entitled to make any criticisms of the status quo?
That's
utterly absurd. If that's not the intended conclusion, then what is?

See above. Status quo is a strawman.

That's a bit oxymoronic. How can it be a strawman if it's the status
quo?

I am not defending the status quo, and your position is not a simple
attack
on the status quo, it is an attack on the fundamental way we view the
world,
and an irrational one at that.

You've yet to demonstrate its irrationality.

It's been argued, you do not appear to be in a receptive frame of mind.

You do not appear to be very receptive to my attempts to explain what
my position actually is.

I'm not even clear with
which aspects of it you disagree.

I realize that. It would help if you were more clear about your own beliefs,
they seem to be a cauldron of confused ideas and ideals.

Well, I'm always happy to talk about my beliefs to people who are
prepared to actually listen. I can't talk to you about any of these
issues for five seconds without you crying "rubbish" in a way which
indicates that you don't understand the idea being discussed. So I'm
not particularly inclined to make the effort anymore.

[...]

If raising animals for food causes significantly more harm than is
necessary, and there is no compelling need to do it, why is it
justified?

Old 04-07-2007, 03:36 PM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Rupert" wrote in message
oups.com...

snippage..

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?
==========================

And, it is equally right of us to criticize those that pretend to care about
animals
when ALL they do is avoid meat. It is equally right of us to criticize
those that
ignore their brutal, inhumane impact on animals while complaining about what
they
think others are doing. As long as you continue to contribute to the deaths
of billions of
animals wrold wide for nothing more than your entertainment, then you are
just blowing
hot air and hypocrisy, fool.

snippage...

If raising animals for food causes significantly more harm than is
necessary, and there is no compelling need to do it, why is it
justified?

=======================
there is no compelling need for rice either. No compelling need for
potatoes. There
is no compelling need for bananas.Yet the production of all of those causes
far more
brutal, inhumane deaths of animals than those animals in slaughterhouses.
Why do you
think those deaths are necessary? Why is it not justified for us to point
out the ignorance
and hypocrisy of your claims, eh killer?

Old 04-07-2007, 07:15 PM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Rupert" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 3, 6:50 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote

On Jul 3, 2:53 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

[..]

[...]

That's what I have been trying to do all along.

I don't
criticize people's diets and lifestyles here.

Neither do I.

Sure you do, you do it directly below.

Yes, I criticize Harrison for
supporting cock-fighting, but I don't raise fighting animals or support
any
similar form of animal brutality for entertainment so it's not
hypocritical
for me to do that.

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?

Because you're not in any position to do so. People make choices based on
their financial situation, as you do. Obtaining food is not comparable to
raising fighting animals. You should be directly criticizing the forms of
animal husbandry which you find abusive, not other people. That's what I do.

[...]

That's because you're not very articulate. Most of the time you simply
assert that you disagree, and when you do attempt to clarify your position
you end up just talking in circles, referring to "the literature", or
criticizing us for not being educated enough to understand you.

I'm not even clear with
which aspects of it you disagree.

I realize that. It would help if you were more clear about your own
beliefs,
they seem to be a cauldron of confused ideas and ideals.

Well, I'm always happy to talk about my beliefs to people who are
prepared to actually listen. I can't talk to you about any of these
issues for five seconds without you crying "rubbish" in a way which
indicates that you don't understand the idea being discussed. So I'm
not particularly inclined to make the effort anymore.

Too bad, but it doesn't really bother me because I have already concluded
that you don't have anything earth-shattering to contribute anyway, despite
your belief to the contrary.

[...]

You just summarized the whole problem with your position in one sentence.
You must define and quantify "significantly", "harm", "necessary",
"compelling", "need" and "justified" before that question has any meaning.

Growing rice causes more harm than growing potatoes, why is it justified to
grow rice? bananas?

Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

oups.com...

snippage..

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?
==========================

And, it is equally right of us to criticize those that pretend to care about
animals
when ALL they do is avoid meat.

Most people who identify themselves as animal rights advocates do
significantly more than just avoid meat.

It is equally right of us to criticize
those that
ignore their brutal, inhumane impact on animals while complaining about what
they
think others are doing. As long as you continue to contribute to the deaths
of billions of
animals wrold wide for nothing more than your entertainment, then you are
just blowing
hot air and hypocrisy, fool.

That's nonsense. You're saying that as long as I use usenet I'm not
entitled to make any criticisms of the status quo. That is very
obviously utterly absurd. That's the point I've been making. You've
got no valid grounds to criticize someone just because they use
usenet, but are critical of some of the practices of modern society.
That is true of you as well.

snippage...

If raising animals for food causes significantly more harm than is
necessary, and there is no compelling need to do it, why is it
justified?

=======================
there is no compelling need for rice either. No compelling need for
potatoes. There
is no compelling need for bananas.Yet the production of all of those causes
far more
brutal, inhumane deaths of animals than those animals in slaughterhouses.
Why do you
think those deaths are necessary? Why is it not justified for us to point
out the ignorance
and hypocrisy of your claims, eh killer?

If you genuinely think it's not justified to produce rice and
potatoes, you're welcome to argue your case. Of course you don't
really think that. You've got this idea that just because someone eats
rice and potatoes, that means they're not entitled to make any
criticisms of modern farming whatsoever. Which is very obviously
utterly absurd. It's a joke. Time and time again you make this
farcical argument. We all draw the line somewhere. Your view is that
only processes which harm humans (to a significant extent) should be
boycotted. I have a different view. There is no good reason why my
view is more hypocritical than yours. Why is the place where you draw
the line preferable to the place where I draw the line? That's the
point you've got to argue, but you never make a decent attempt at it,
you just endlessly repeat the farcical assertion that you should
either boycott rice and potatoes or else refrain from making any
criticism whatsoever of modern farming. It's a joke. Hey, maybe I
should boycott rice and potatoes, you are welcome to argue the case if
you want to. But it's not what you really believe, so what's all the
fuss about?

Old 05-07-2007, 01:52 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Rupert" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

oups.com...

snippage..

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?
==========================

And, it is equally right of us to criticize those that pretend to care
about
animals
when ALL they do is avoid meat.

Most people who identify themselves as animal rights advocates do
significantly more than just avoid meat.
========================

Sure, they contribute to the deaths of billions of animals unnecessarily.

[...]

ROTFLMAO Yes, I can criticize those that make the claim they care, yet do
nothing
but kill more animals. That is you, hypocrite. It is completely valid to
call hypocrites like you
to task, killer. I've never said you cannot criticize the status-quo, just
that doing so by killing
even more animals is a pointless exercise in hypocrisy, fool...

Too bad you're just to brain-dead to understand, huh killer?

snippage...

[...]

==================
No fool, I don't the point is that YOU should IF animals were really a
concern to you.
However, you keep proving that they are of no importance to you except as a
stepping
stone to your ultimate hypocrisy, fool.

You've got this idea that just because someone eats
rice and potatoes, that means they're not entitled to make any
criticisms of modern farming whatsoever. Which is very obviously
utterly absurd. It's a joke.

====================
No, fool, it is not a joke when directed at those that make ignorant claims
of 'saving' animals from
unnecessary death and suffering. You have NO requirement to eat either
one, yet you do for your
convinience.

Time and time again you make this
farcical argument. We all draw the line somewhere. Your view is that
only processes which harm humans (to a significant extent) should be
boycotted. I have a different view. There is no good reason why my
view is more hypocritical than yours.

==========================
LOL I've made no claims about saving animals fool. You have. You claim
animals should not
be killed just to produce food for people. Yet there you are, doing just
that. Plus, killing them
for your entertainment. That, fool, is hypocrisy.

Why is the place where you draw
the line preferable to the place where I draw the line? That's the
point you've got to argue, but you never make a decent attempt at it,
you just endlessly repeat the farcical assertion that you should
either boycott rice and potatoes or else refrain from making any
criticism whatsoever of modern farming. It's a joke. Hey, maybe I
should boycott rice and potatoes, you are welcome to argue the case if
you want to. But it's not what you really believe, so what's all the
fuss about?

===========================
The fuss is about your willful ignorance and hypocrisy, killer. But then,
I expect you do nothing
except kill animals willy-nilly, just as you have done all along. Thanks
for proving your hypocrisy, fool.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:56 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Jul 5, 4:15 am, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 3, 6:50 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote

On Jul 3, 2:53 pm, "Dutch" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

[..]

[...]

In my view, you have done a very poor job of it, and the reason is
that there actually are no good reasons why I am hypocritical which
don't apply equally well to you.

I don't
criticize people's diets and lifestyles here.

Neither do I.

Sure you do, you do it directly below.

The horror, the horror. Like all the antis here, you make unprovoked
and unfounded personal attacks on people, and you usually regard the
simple fact that they've gone vegan as sufficient justification for
it. I don't make unprovoked personal attacks on people, and I don't
comment on specific people's lifestyle choices.

Yes, I criticize Harrison for
supporting cock-fighting, but I don't raise fighting animals or support
any
similar form of animal brutality for entertainment so it's not
hypocritical
for me to do that.

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?

Because you're not in any position to do so.

There's no justification for saying that. If you're in a position to
criticize other people, then there's no reason why I'm not.

People make choices based on
their financial situation, as you do. Obtaining food is not comparable to
raising fighting animals. You should be directly criticizing the forms of
animal husbandry which you find abusive, not other people. That's what I do.

That's also what I do. I don't spend my time criticizing other
people's consumption choices. It's true that I do think the best way
forward is for large numbers of people to modify their consumption
choices, and I do think there is a moral obligation for most people to
do so and I occasionally express that view. I really don't see what
you find so objectionable about that. You're talking as though I spend
all my time criticizing other people, it's actually the antis,
including yourself, who constantly do that. It really is incredible
effrontery for you to take me to task for criticizing other people.

[...]

Well, that's your view of the matter. A lot of people find me an
extremely articulate presenter of many ideas I have studied in many
different fields.

Most of the time you simply
assert that you disagree, and when you do attempt to clarify your position
you end up just talking in circles, referring to "the literature", or
criticizing us for not being educated enough to understand you.

Well, that's the view of the matter that you've formed.

[...]

Well, these are good questions that are worth exploring. The point is
that we all draw the line somewhere. You draw the line somewhere, with
regard to the products you buy yourself and also with regard to the
products you regard it as acceptable for others to buy. We can argue
about where to draw the line, but you're saying that the place where I
choose to draw the line is somehow more problematic or somehow makes
me more hypocritical than you. Neither you nor any other antis here
has ever given any good reason to think that. That's the point.

Old 05-07-2007, 02:22 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Jul 5, 10:52 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

groups.com...

snippage..

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?
==========================

And, it is equally right of us to criticize those that pretend to care
about
animals
when ALL they do is avoid meat.

Most people who identify themselves as animal rights advocates do
significantly more than just avoid meat.
========================

Sure, they contribute to the deaths of billions of animals unnecessarily.

Billions of animals die, they make a contribution to those deaths
which is greater than zero. But their contribution is a lot smaller
than most people's.

[...]

I'm not a hypocrite any more than you are. It's absurd to say that my
behaviour belies my claim to care about animals, there's plenty of
evidence that I care about animals. You've got no rational grounds for
criticizing me. What is the difference between you and me that
entitles you to call me a hypocrite? Let me guess, you've never made
the claim that you care about animals. It's utterly absurd to say that
I'm hypocritical because I claim to care about animals. Of course I
care about animals. Are you saying that no-one in this society cares
about animals in the slightest? What a joke.

I've never said you cannot criticize the status-quo, just
that doing so by killing
even more animals is a pointless exercise in hypocrisy, fool...

Too bad you're just to brain-dead to understand, huh killer?

Well, that's ridiculous. You're saying that anyone who uses usenet and
makes the slightest criticism of the status quo is a hypocrite. That's
a joke. Too bad you're too brain-dead to understand that.

snippage...

[...]

Yeah, well, that's stupid. You're saying, if you have the slightest
level of concern about animals, then you must drop out of the consumer
society and grow all your own food and make all your own electricity,
and God knows what else. It's a farce. Different people have different
levels of concern about animals, my concern is much more extensive
that most people's. Why do you think that the fact that I don't drop
out of society and grow all my own food is somehow a major criticism
of me? You think that anyone who doesn't do this and thinks that they
have the slightest level of concern about animals is a hypocrite? It's
absurd.

However, you keep proving that they are of no importance to you except as a
stepping
stone to your ultimate hypocrisy, fool.

That's a joke. The idea that they are of no importance to me is
contradicted by overwhelming evidence. There are no grounds for
calling me hypocritical, either, any more than you.

You've got this idea that just because someone eats rice and potatoes, that means they're not entitled to make any
criticisms of modern farming whatsoever. Which is very obviously
utterly absurd. It's a joke.

====================
No, fool, it is not a joke when directed at those that make ignorant claims
of 'saving' animals from
unnecessary death and suffering.

Yes, it is.

You have NO requirement to eat either
one, yet you do for your
convinience.

And?

Time and time again you make this farcical argument. We all draw the line somewhere. Your view is that
only processes which harm humans (to a significant extent) should be
boycotted. I have a different view. There is no good reason why my
view is more hypocritical than yours.

==========================
LOL I've made no claims about saving animals fool. You have. You claim
animals should not
be killed just to produce food for people.

Not significantly more than is necessary to keep the human population
healthy, no.

Yet there you are, doing just
that. Plus, killing them
for your entertainment. That, fool, is hypocrisy.

No, it's not. I've never committed to any moral principles which
entail that what I'm doing is wrong. I've never said that I have an
absolute obligation not to financially support processes that cause
harm, even if that harm is "unnecessary". I've said that I should make
every reasonable effort to reduce my contribution to animal suffering.
The term "reasonable" is vague and open to interpretation. I have
chosen a certain place to draw the line. There's no reason why there's
any more hypocrisy involved in that than in the place where anyone
else chooses to draw the line. I've explained this time and time
again, and you continue to misrepresent my position. And you call me
foolish. You've got no grounds for calling me hypocritical, and your
failure to realize this after all these years is evidence of bigotry
and stupidity.

Why is the place where you draw the line preferable to the place where I draw the line? That's the
point you've got to argue, but you never make a decent attempt at it,
you just endlessly repeat the farcical assertion that you should
either boycott rice and potatoes or else refrain from making any
criticism whatsoever of modern farming. It's a joke. Hey, maybe I
should boycott rice and potatoes, you are welcome to argue the case if
you want to. But it's not what you really believe, so what's all the
fuss about?

===========================
The fuss is about your willful ignorance and hypocrisy, killer.

You've shown no evidence of either.

But then,
I expect you do nothing
except kill animals willy-nilly, just as you have done all along. Thanks
for proving your hypocrisy, fool.

You're a joke.

Old 05-07-2007, 03:25 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Rupert" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 5, 10:52 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

groups.com...

snippage..

Fine, well, I don't support animal abuse comparable to that
perpetrated by most animal agriculture that exists today, so why
can't
I criticize people for supporting such abuses?
==========================

And, it is equally right of us to criticize those that pretend to care
about
animals
when ALL they do is avoid meat.

Most people who identify themselves as animal rights advocates do
significantly more than just avoid meat.
========================

Sure, they contribute to the deaths of billions of animals unnecessarily.

Billions of animals die, they make a contribution to those deaths
which is greater than zero. But their contribution is a lot smaller
than most people's.

===============
Yet another claim you ahve yet to prove. You cannot assume that being
vegan or AR automatically means
fewer animals die for your lifestyle.

[...]

Yes fool, you are. I recognize and understand that every aspect of my life
kills animals.
I don't pretend, like you do, that by avoiding one particular product that I
am doing
anything to kill fewer.

It's absurd to say that my
behaviour belies my claim to care about animals, there's plenty of
evidence that I care about animals.

==========================
There's all the dead animals you kill to prove otherwise, hypocrite.

You've got no rational grounds for
criticizing me.

=====================
Yes, I do. You're own actions prove your hypocrisy, killer.

What is the difference between you and me that
entitles you to call me a hypocrite? Let me guess, you've never made
the claim that you care about animals. It's utterly absurd to say that
I'm hypocritical because I claim to care about animals. Of course I
care about animals. Are you saying that no-one in this society cares
about animals in the slightest? What a joke.

=====================
No, you don't care about animals killer. that's the whole point. You only
pay
lip service to some religion, but do nothing in reality to live up to your
claims.

I've never said you cannot criticize the status-quo, just
that doing so by killing
even more animals is a pointless exercise in hypocrisy, fool...

Too bad you're just to brain-dead to understand, huh killer?

Well, that's ridiculous. You're saying that anyone who uses usenet and
makes the slightest criticism of the status quo is a hypocrite. That's
a joke. Too bad you're too brain-dead to understand that.
===================

No fool, anyone that claims to save animals by not eating them and then uses
usenet to
proclaim their hypocrisy is what I am saying, killer. thanks for again
proving your ignorance and hypocrisy, killer.

snippage...

[...]

No fool, those are your strawmen, killer. I'm giving you information about
how you COULD make a difference, but like all
hypocritical wannbe vegans here on usenet, you are more concerned about YOUR
selfishness and entertainment.

Different people have different
levels of concern about animals, my concern is much more extensive
that most people's.

=======================
You keep proving otherwise, killer. Thanks for a great display of
hypocrisy.

Why do you think that the fact that I don't drop
out of society and grow all my own food is somehow a major criticism
of me? You think that anyone who doesn't do this and thinks that they
have the slightest level of concern about animals is a hypocrite? It's
absurd.

================
It's your claims that are absurd, killer.

However, you keep proving that they are of no importance to you except as
stepping
stone to your ultimate hypocrisy, fool.

That's a joke. The idea that they are of no importance to me is
contradicted by overwhelming evidence. There are no grounds for
calling me hypocritical, either, any more than you.
=========================

LOL I call you that from your actions, killer. Despite your claims, you
needlessly, unnecessarily, and brutally
kill far more animals than necessary for your life. Why? because you value
YOUR entertainment and
convenience far more than any concern for animals.

You've got this idea that just because someone eats rice and potatoes,
that means they're not entitled to make any
criticisms of modern farming whatsoever. Which is very obviously
utterly absurd. It's a joke.

====================
No, fool, it is not a joke when directed at those that make ignorant
claims
of 'saving' animals from
unnecessary death and suffering.

Yes, it is.

=[=================
Yes, your claims are a joke. Thanks for agreeing, and proving your
hypocrisy, killer...

You have NO requirement to eat either
one, yet you do for your
convinience.

And?

==================
And nothing hypocrite. that was a complete and factual statement.

Time and time again you make this farcical argument. We all draw the
line somewhere. Your view is that
only processes which harm humans (to a significant extent) should be
boycotted. I have a different view. There is no good reason why my
view is more hypocritical than yours.

==========================
LOL I've made no claims about saving animals fool. You have. You claim
animals should not
be killed just to produce food for people.

Not significantly more than is necessary to keep the human population
healthy, no.

=========================
yet you continue to prove otherwise, killer. There is no survival or health
need for you to be on usenet, nor to
eat your varity of imported foods and spices.

Yet there you are, doing just
that. Plus, killing them
for your entertainment. That, fool, is hypocrisy.

No, it's not. I've never committed to any moral principles which
entail that what I'm doing is wrong. I've never said that I have an
absolute obligation not to financially support processes that cause
harm, even if that harm is "unnecessary". I've said that I should make
every reasonable effort to reduce my contribution to animal suffering.

====================
Which you prove otherwise with every inane post you make fool. Thanks for
proving your hypocrisy
yet again, killer.

The term "reasonable" is vague and open to interpretation. I have
chosen a certain place to draw the line.

=========================
One based solely on your convenience and entertainment witrhout regard to
the number of
animals that die. Thanks for more proof of your hypocrisy, killer.

There's no reason why there's
any more hypocrisy involved in that than in the place where anyone
else chooses to draw the line. I've explained this time and time
again, and you continue to misrepresent my position. And you call me
foolish. You've got no grounds for calling me hypocritical, and your
failure to realize this after all these years is evidence of bigotry
and stupidity.

=======================
I suggest you look up the term, killer. the claims you make, and the
actions you take
are hypocrisy in spades, killer.

Why is the place where you draw the line preferable to the place where
I draw the line? That's the
point you've got to argue, but you never make a decent attempt at it,
you just endlessly repeat the farcical assertion that you should
either boycott rice and potatoes or else refrain from making any
criticism whatsoever of modern farming. It's a joke. Hey, maybe I
should boycott rice and potatoes, you are welcome to argue the case if
you want to. But it's not what you really believe, so what's all the
fuss about?

===========================
The fuss is about your willful ignorance and hypocrisy, killer.

You've shown no evidence of either.
=====================

ROTFLMAO You've done that for me with every post fool. Mores the pity that
you still fail
understand that, hypocrite.

But then,
I expect you do nothing
except kill animals willy-nilly, just as you have done all along. Thanks
for proving your hypocrisy, fool.

You're a joke.

===============
No, i've proven how big the joke is on you, killer.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:13 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Jul 5, 12:25 pm, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

ups.com... On Jul 5, 10:52 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

groups.com...

snippage..

[...]

We've been over this quite a few times. I think I've provided enough
evidence for my claim that a vegan lifestyle has less impact on
animals than a typical Western lifestyle that it's reasonable to ask
you to provide some evidence to the contrary. (There may be *some* non-
vegan lifestyles that are just as good, I don't deny this. You seem to
be having trouble keeping track of the distinction between the two
issues).

[...]

So do I.

I don't pretend, like you do, that by avoiding one particular product that I
am doing
anything to kill fewer.

What are the reasons for doubting that?

It's absurd to say that my behaviour belies my claim to care about animals, there's plenty of
evidence that I care about animals.

==========================
There's all the dead animals you kill to prove otherwise, hypocrite.

Elaborate. How many animals did I kill in the last year? Bearing in
mind that the electricity I use is produced by solar panels. And how
about the facts on the other side of the balance, that I've made many
significant changes to my lifestyle to reduce my impact on animals,
much more than most people, and that I volunteer a lot of my time to
an organization which aims to improve the situation of animals. What
rational grounds do you have for saying that these facts mean nothing?
If they do, then no-one cares about animals. Do you really find that a
plausible contention?

You've got no rational grounds for criticizing me.

=====================
Yes, I do. You're own actions prove your hypocrisy, killer.

Rubbish, as explained many times.

What is the difference between you and me that entitles you to call me a hypocrite? Let me guess, you've never made
the claim that you care about animals. It's utterly absurd to say that
I'm hypocritical because I claim to care about animals. Of course I
care about animals. Are you saying that no-one in this society cares
about animals in the slightest? What a joke.

=====================
No, you don't care about animals killer. that's the whole point. You only
pay
lip service to some religion, but do nothing in reality to live up to your
claims.

That's palpable, laughable rubbish. No rational person would take it
seriously for a moment.

I've never said you cannot criticize the status-quo, just
that doing so by killing
even more animals is a pointless exercise in hypocrisy, fool...

Too bad you're just to brain-dead to understand, huh killer?

Well, that's ridiculous. You're saying that anyone who uses usenet and
makes the slightest criticism of the status quo is a hypocrite. That's
a joke. Too bad you're too brain-dead to understand that.
===================

No fool, anyone that claims to save animals by not eating them and then uses
usenet to
proclaim their hypocrisy is what I am saying, killer.

Which is stupid. I believe that the changes I have made to my diet
have reduced my expected contribution to animal suffering and death,
and I think I have provided some good, solid evidence for this. I also
acknowledge that when I use electricity over and above what is
produced by our house's solar panels, that increases my expected
contribution to animal suffering and death by an amount greater than
zero. So what's the problem? Where's the evidence of hypocrisy?

thanks for again
proving your ignorance and hypocrisy, killer.

Yawn.

snippage...

[...]

No. It's clearly what you're saying. You said I don't care about
animals. You've got no rational grounds for saying that unless you
believe some farcical statement like the one above.

I'm giving you information about
how you COULD make a difference, but like all
hypocritical wannbe vegans here on usenet, you are more concerned about YOUR
selfishness and entertainment.

There are lots of ways I could make a difference, and I do a lot to
make a difference, a lot more than most people. In particular, my
parents have bought solar panels which reduce the impact of my
electricity consumption, and I will buy solar panels myself when I am
living by myself and can afford them. As with everyone else, there are
some limits to what I am prepared to do. You don't do any more than
me, so what grounds have you got for criticizing me?

Different people have different levels of concern about animals, my concern is much more extensive
that most people's.

=======================
You keep proving otherwise, killer.

That's utterly absurd. How? Argue the point.

Thanks for a great display of
hypocrisy.

Why do you think that the fact that I don't drop out of society and grow all my own food is somehow a major criticism
of me? You think that anyone who doesn't do this and thinks that they
have the slightest level of concern about animals is a hypocrite? It's
absurd.

================
It's your claims that are absurd, killer.

'Fraid not.

However, you keep proving that they are of no importance to you except as
stepping
stone to your ultimate hypocrisy, fool.

That's a joke. The idea that they are of no importance to me is
contradicted by overwhelming evidence. There are no grounds for
calling me hypocritical, either, any more than you.
=========================

LOL I call you that from your actions, killer. Despite your claims, you
needlessly, unnecessarily, and brutally
kill far more animals than necessary for your life. Why? because you value
YOUR entertainment and
convenience far more than any concern for animals.

I do not "brutally kill" anything. I consume some products whose
production caused some animal deaths. A lot less than most people, in
particular most of my electricity consumption is cruelty-free. You
consume products whose production caused animal deaths at least as
much as me, of course. So why is it that I am hypocritical and you are
not? Because you don't claim to care about animals, you say. So anyone
who claims to care about animals and uses usenet is a hypocrite? Well,
that's a joke. We go over this over and over again.

You've got this idea that just because someone eats rice and potatoes,
that means they're not entitled to make any
criticisms of modern farming whatsoever. Which is very obviously
utterly absurd. It's a joke.

====================
No, fool, it is not a joke when directed at those that make ignorant
claims
of 'saving' animals from
unnecessary death and suffering.

Yes, it is.

=[=================
Yes, your claims are a joke. Thanks for agreeing, and proving your
hypocrisy, killer...

Imbecile.

You have NO requirement to eat either
one, yet you do for your
convinience.

And?

==================
And nothing hypocrite. that was a complete and factual statement.

Yes, I agree. The same is true of everyone else, of course, in most
cases to a much greater extent. So what?

Time and time again you make this farcical argument. We all draw the
line somewhere. Your view is that
only processes which harm humans (to a significant extent) should be
boycotted. I have a different view. There is no good reason why my
view is more hypocritical than yours.

==========================
LOL I've made no claims about saving animals fool. You have. You claim
animals should not
be killed just to produce food for people.

Not significantly more than is necessary to keep the human population
healthy, no.

=========================
yet you continue to prove otherwise, killer. There is no survival or health
need for you to be on usenet, nor to
eat your varity of imported foods and spices.

I use solar panels. You haven't established that my usenet usage
causes any deaths whatsoever. You've been lamely arguing that Google
might get more advertising revenue from my actions, I don't think
that's very plausible unless I click on the ads. You don't know
anything about how much imported food and spices I eat, and while I
can see that this is a concern from the point of view of global
warming, you haven't elaborated on how it bears on animals
specifically. I do not believe that I cause significantly more animal
suffering and death than is necessary to keep me healthy. To argue
otherwise you would have to come up with a reasonable estimate for how
much suffering and death I actually cause. You've never attempted this
task.

Yet there you are, doing just
that. Plus, killing them
for your entertainment. That, fool, is hypocrisy.

No, it's not. I've never committed to any moral principles which
entail that what I'm doing is wrong. I've never said that I have an
absolute obligation not to financially support processes that cause
harm, even if that harm is "unnecessary". I've said that I should make
every reasonable effort to reduce my contribution to animal suffering.

====================
Which you prove otherwise with every inane post you make fool. Thanks for
proving your hypocrisy
yet again, killer.

Nonsense.

The term "reasonable" is vague and open to interpretation. I have
chosen a certain place to draw the line.

=========================
One based solely on your convenience and entertainment witrhout regard to
the number of
animals that die.

No, not at all. That's obvious nonsense.

Thanks for more proof of your hypocrisy, killer.

There's no reason why there's any more hypocrisy involved in that than in the place where anyone
else chooses to draw the line. I've explained this time and time
again, and you continue to misrepresent my position. And you call me
foolish. You've got no grounds for calling me hypocritical, and your
failure to realize this after all these years is evidence of bigotry
and stupidity.

=======================
I suggest you look up the term, killer. the claims you make, and the
actions you take
are hypocrisy in spades, killer.

Hypocrisy means failing to act in accordance with your stated moral
beliefs. You usually get my moral beliefs wrong. You've yet to
demonstrate that my actions are inconsistent with my actual moral
beliefs.

Why is the place where you draw the line preferable to the place where
I draw the line? That's the
point you've got to argue, but you never make a decent attempt at it,
you just endlessly repeat the farcical assertion that you should
either boycott rice and potatoes or else refrain from making any
criticism whatsoever of modern farming. It's a joke. Hey, maybe I
should boycott rice and potatoes, you are welcome to argue the case if
you want to. But it's not what you really believe, so what's all the
fuss about?

===========================
The fuss is about your willful ignorance and hypocrisy, killer.

You've shown no evidence of either.
=====================

ROTFLMAO You've done that for me with every post fool. Mores the pity that
you still fail
understand that, hypocrite.

As explained several times, this is a joke. More's the pity that you
still fail to understand *that*.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:40 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Rupert" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Jul 5, 12:25 pm, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

ups.com... On Jul 5,
10:52 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

groups.com...

snippage..

[...]

Nice strawman, killer. the problem is that vegans claim that just being
vegan automatically means you're doing better.
As to your admission that being vegan doesn't automatically mean what they
claim is noted.

[...]

Nope. You try to claim otherwise, yet fail miserably at living up to that
claim.

I don't pretend, like you do, that by avoiding one particular product
that I
am doing
anything to kill fewer.

What are the reasons for doubting that?
====================

You're here, that proves it, killer...

It's absurd to say that my behaviour belies my claim to care about
animals, there's plenty of
evidence that I care about animals.

==========================
There's all the dead animals you kill to prove otherwise, hypocrite.

Elaborate. How many animals did I kill in the last year?

====================
How many did you save? Remember, the first claim was yours, that being
vegan saved animals.

Bearing in
mind that the electricity I use is produced by solar panels.

=======================
We've been through this bs before, killer. Skipping the fact that I don't
believe you,
since you're already a proven liar, your use of the internet, and the
demands you are part of go
far beyond the electric your computer uses. That you continue to ignore
your entertainment
impacts on animals is quite amusing to watch, killer.

And how
about the facts on the other side of the balance, that I've made many
significant changes to my lifestyle to reduce my impact on animals,
much more than most people, and that I volunteer a lot of my time to
an organization which aims to improve the situation of animals. What
rational grounds do you have for saying that these facts mean nothing?
If they do, then no-one cares about animals. Do you really find that a
plausible contention?
=======================

yet here you are, continuing to unnecessarily kill animals for nothing more
than your entertainment.
Yes, i say that your claims are quite implausible.

You've got no rational grounds for criticizing me.

=====================
Yes, I do. You're own actions prove your hypocrisy, killer.

Rubbish, as explained many times.

=============
Truth, as has been proven many times, killer.

What is the difference between you and me that entitles you to call me a
hypocrite? Let me guess, you've never made
the claim that you care about animals. It's utterly absurd to say that
I'm hypocritical because I claim to care about animals. Of course I
care about animals. Are you saying that no-one in this society cares
about animals in the slightest? What a joke.

=====================
No, you don't care about animals killer. that's the whole point. You
only
pay
lip service to some religion, but do nothing in reality to live up to
your
claims.

That's palpable, laughable rubbish. No rational person would take it
seriously for a moment.
=============================

Yet here you are, time after time proving your hypocrisy. Must be some
reason you keep
coming back \to look so foolish and display your ignorance, hypocrite.

I've never said you cannot criticize the status-quo, just
that doing so by killing
even more animals is a pointless exercise in hypocrisy, fool...

Too bad you're just to brain-dead to understand, huh killer?

Well, that's ridiculous. You're saying that anyone who uses usenet and
makes the slightest criticism of the status quo is a hypocrite. That's
a joke. Too bad you're too brain-dead to understand that.
===================

No fool, anyone that claims to save animals by not eating them and then
uses
usenet to
proclaim their hypocrisy is what I am saying, killer.

Which is stupid. I believe that the changes I have made to my diet
have reduced my expected contribution to animal suffering and death,
and I think I have provided some good, solid evidence for this.

======================
You've provided no such evidence, killer.

I also
acknowledge that when I use electricity over and above what is
produced by our house's solar panels, that increases my expected
contribution to animal suffering and death by an amount greater than
zero. So what's the problem? Where's the evidence of hypocrisy?

===================
It proves your claims to be lies, killer.

thanks for again
proving your ignorance and hypocrisy, killer.

Yawn.
==============

Run away now little boy....

snippage...

[...]

No, you proved it, fool. I merely pointed it out to you and the world to
see, hypocrite...

I'm giving you information about
how you COULD make a difference, but like all
hypocritical wannbe vegans here on usenet, you are more concerned about
YOUR
selfishness and entertainment.

There are lots of ways I could make a difference, and I do a lot to
make a difference, a lot more than most people. In particular, my
parents have bought solar panels which reduce the impact of my
electricity consumption, and I will buy solar panels myself when I am
living by myself and can afford them. As with everyone else, there are
some limits to what I am prepared to do. You don't do any more than
me, so what grounds have you got for criticizing me?
=======================

You actions, killer...

Different people have different levels of concern about animals, my
concern is much more extensive
that most people's.

=======================
You keep proving otherwise, killer.

That's utterly absurd. How? Argue the point.
===================

here you are, hypocrite...

Thanks for a great display of
hypocrisy.

Why do you think that the fact that I don't drop out of society and grow
all my own food is somehow a major criticism
of me? You think that anyone who doesn't do this and thinks that they
have the slightest level of concern about animals is a hypocrite? It's
absurd.

================
It's your claims that are absurd, killer.

'Fraid not.

==================
'fraid so, killer...

[...]

==================================
Another of your claims you fail to prove.

You
consume products whose production caused animal deaths at least as
much as me, of course. So why is it that I am hypocritical and you are
not? Because you don't claim to care about animals, you say. So anyone
who claims to care about animals and uses usenet is a hypocrite? Well,
that's a joke. We go over this over and over again.

====================
Nope, not a joke fool, the truth. You can deny all you want, but it won't
change the facts, killer...

You've got this idea that just because someone eats rice and
potatoes,
that means they're not entitled to make any
criticisms of modern farming whatsoever. Which is very obviously
utterly absurd. It's a joke.

====================
No, fool, it is not a joke when directed at those that make ignorant
claims
of 'saving' animals from
unnecessary death and suffering.

Yes, it is.

=[=================
Yes, your claims are a joke. Thanks for agreeing, and proving your
hypocrisy, killer...

Imbecile.
==================

Ah yes, great proof, hypocrite. How many animals did that kill? What, no,
how many animals did that save?
You really are just too stupid, killer... thanks for the laughs, I'll live
forever if laughter is the best medicine...

You have NO requirement to eat either
one, yet you do for your
convinience.

And?

==================
And nothing hypocrite. that was a complete and factual statement.

Yes, I agree. The same is true of everyone else, of course, in most
cases to a much greater extent. So what?

====================
No, it does not apply to everyone in the context you place it. Sane people
realize that animals are going to
die for the productions of any of their crops. You try to pretend that
somehow they are reduced just because you say you care.

[...]

Bullshit. You're a proven liar, and as I've told you before, you
contributions go far beyond your own computer, killer.
that you are too stupid and willfully ignorant to understand reality is part
and parcel of vegan ignorance.

You've been lamely arguing that Google
might get more advertising revenue from my actions, I don't think
that's very plausible unless I click on the ads.

====================
Bullshit, fool. I never said that, you have tried to imply it because of
your ignorance amd need to
not understand how you impact animals. Staying ignorant is want you have to
do to remain a
wannbe vegan...

You don't know
anything about how much imported food and spices I eat,

=======================
LOL You're too engrossed in your own convenience and entertainment. It's
easy toi see through you,
hypocrite.

and while I
can see that this is a concern from the point of view of global
warming, you haven't elaborated on how it bears on animals
specifically. I do not believe that I cause significantly more animal
suffering and death than is necessary to keep me healthy. To argue
otherwise you would have to come up with a reasonable estimate for how
much suffering and death I actually cause. You've never attempted this
task.

============================
LOL You make the original claims fool. try showing how many you have
saved.
I have shown how you kill animals, and nhow many are involved. Too bad
you've never
been ablr to back up anything you've said, killer.

[...]

No, an obvious observation, killer.

[...]

You backing off your claims to care/save animals? thanks for the admission
of your previous
hypocrisy, killer....

Old 05-07-2007, 04:45 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

"Rupert" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 5, 10:52 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

groups.com...

snippage..

[...]

What a wheezy whining windbag you are.

[...]

Vague and open to interpertation.

Yet there you are, doing just
that. Plus, killing them
for your entertainment. That, fool, is hypocrisy.

No, it's not. I've never committed to any moral principles which
entail that what I'm doing is wrong. I've never said that I have an
absolute obligation not to financially support processes that cause
harm, even if that harm is "unnecessary". I've said that I should make
every reasonable effort to reduce my contribution to animal suffering.
The term "reasonable" is vague and open to interpretation.

Like almost everything you say.

I have
chosen a certain place to draw the line. There's no reason why there's
any more hypocrisy involved in that than in the place where anyone
else chooses to draw the line.

You persist that you've drawn the line at the RIGHT place, that's where the
hypocrisy comes in.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 AM posted to talk.politics.animals,uk.environment.conservation,misc.rural,uk.rec.gardening,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian

On Jul 5, 1:40 pm, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

ps.com... On Jul 5, 12:25 pm, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

roups.com... On Jul 5,
10:52 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

roups.com...

On Jul 5, 12:36 am, "ontheroad" wrote:
"Rupert" wrote in message

groups.com...

snippage..

[...]

If you're claiming to criticize my stance then you've got to address
yourself to opinions that I actually hold, otherwise you're the one
who's guilty of the straw man. I do not care what other vegans think,
you take that up with them. It looks like you agree with the opinions
that I actually hold, so perhaps an appropriate thing to say would be
"It looks like we are in agreement, I retract my claim that you were
in error".

[...]

Stop talking silly nonsense and making things up. I've never denied
that many aspects of my lifestyle cause animal deaths.

I don't pretend, like you do, that by avoiding one particular product
that I
am doing
anything to kill fewer.

What are the reasons for doubting that?
====================

You're here, that proves it, killer...

Ridiculous nonsense.

It's absurd to say that my behaviour belies my claim to care about
animals, there's plenty of
evidence that I care about animals.

==========================
There's all the dead animals you kill to prove otherwise, hypocrite.

Elaborate. How many animals did I kill in the last year?

====================
How many did you save? Remember, the first claim was yours, that being
vegan saved animals.

Well, that's a good question. I don't know exactly. Probably about 20
per year if you count chickens. I haven't got any particular interest
in proving to you that I'm doing a good job of saving animals. I'm
more interested in just getting on with the job. If you're going to
try and argue that I'm not doing that good a job, it's your job to
make your case.

Bearing in mind that the electricity I use is produced by solar panels.

=======================
We've been through this bs before, killer. Skipping the fact that I don't
believe you,

Well, that's pitiful desperation. If you're going to criticize
someone's lifestyle when you don't know the facts, you can't just say
"I don't believe you" when they tell you the facts. If you're going to
contest what I say you've got to give some reason for thinking that
you've got access to a more reliable source than me.

since you're already a proven liar,

Absolute nonsense. I've never told a single lie here and you know it.

your use of the internet, and the
demands you are part of go
far beyond the electric your computer uses.

Yes, I discussed this argument of yours. I don't buy it. No advertiser
is going to give Google more money unless I actually click on one of
their advertisements.

That you continue to ignore
your entertainment
impacts on animals is quite amusing to watch, killer.

It's quite amusing to watch your pitiful efforts to find any impact at
all coming from my usenet use.

And how about the facts on the other side of the balance, that I've made many
significant changes to my lifestyle to reduce my impact on animals,
much more than most people, and that I volunteer a lot of my time to
an organization which aims to improve the situation of animals. What
rational grounds do you have for saying that these facts mean nothing?
If they do, then no-one cares about animals. Do you really find that a
plausible contention?
=======================

yet here you are, continuing to unnecessarily kill animals for nothing more
than your entertainment.

You've yet to establish that, and anyway this really doesn't answer my
question. Everyone's lifestyle causes some animal deaths. Do you
really think it's plausible to say that therefore *no-one* cares about
animals in the least?

[...]

I've provided plenty of evidence and you've never addressed it.

I also acknowledge that when I use electricity over and above what is
produced by our house's solar panels, that increases my expected
contribution to animal suffering and death by an amount greater than
zero. So what's the problem? Where's the evidence of hypocrisy?

===================
It proves your claims to be lies, killer.

Which ones?

[...]

As I say, any rational person will see this for the joke that it is. I
really marvel that you can spout such nonsense with a straight face.

I merely pointed it out to you and the world to
see, hypocrite...

I'm giving you information about
how you COULD make a difference, but like all
hypocritical wannbe vegans here on usenet, you are more concerned about
YOUR
selfishness and entertainment.

There are lots of ways I could make a difference, and I do a lot to
make a difference, a lot more than most people. In particular, my
parents have bought solar panels which reduce the impact of my
electricity consumption, and I will buy solar panels myself when I am
living by myself and can afford them. As with everyone else, there are
some limits to what I am prepared to do. You don't do any more than
me, so what grounds have you got for criticizing me?
=======================

You actions, killer...

How are my actions any worse than yours?

Different people have different levels of concern about animals, my
concern is much more extensive
that most people's.

=======================
You keep proving otherwise, killer.

That's utterly absurd. How? Argue the point.
===================

here you are, hypocrite...

That's an absolutely pitiful effort. It does absolutely nothing to
support the statement you made. Especially in light of the fact that
you've yet to demonstrate that my usenet activity harms animals at
all.

[...]

I've provided adequate evidence for it. It's your job to address that
evidence.

You consume products whose production caused animal deaths at least as
much as me, of course. So why is it that I am hypocritical and you are
not? Because you don't claim to care about animals, you say. So anyone
who claims to care about animals and uses usenet is a hypocrite? Well,
that's a joke. We go over this over and over again.

====================
Nope, not a joke fool, the truth. You can deny all you want, but it won't
change the facts, killer...

Well, you can spout this nonsense for all eternity, but you're still
not going to convince any rational person.

You've got this idea that just because someone eats rice and
potatoes,
that means they're not entitled to make any
criticisms of modern farming whatsoever. Which is very obviously
utterly absurd. It's a joke.

====================
No, fool, it is not a joke when directed at those that make ignorant
claims
of 'saving' animals from
unnecessary death and suffering.

Yes, it is.

=[=================
Yes, your claims are a joke. Thanks for agreeing, and proving your
hypocrisy, killer...

Imbecile.
==================

Ah yes, great proof, hypocrite.

Proof of what? There was nothing in your ludicrous nonsense worth
engaging with seriously.

How many animals did that kill?

None.

What, no,
how many animals did that save?
You really are just too stupid, killer... thanks for the laughs, I'll live
forever if laughter is the best medicine...

The feeling is mutual.

You have NO requirement to eat either
one, yet you do for your
convinience.

And?

==================
And nothing hypocrite. that was a complete and factual statement.

Yes, I agree. The same is true of everyone else, of course, in most
cases to a much greater extent. So what?

====================
No, it does not apply to everyone in the context you place it. Sane people
realize that animals are going to
die for the productions of any of their crops.

As do I...

You try to pretend that
somehow they are reduced just because you say you care.

My contribution to animal suffering is reduced because the crop inputs
required for my diet are much less, and the extreme animal cruelty
involved in producing most animal products is completely avoided, as
discussed countless times.

[...]

Then it should be possible for you to identify a single lie I've told,
liar.

and as I've told you before, you
contributions go far beyond your own computer, killer.

You've yet to adequately argue this point.

that you are too stupid and willfully ignorant to understand reality is part
and parcel of vegan ignorance.

Unfortunately for you, you are unable to argue your claims, you just
mindlessly hurl insults.

You've been lamely arguing that Google might get more advertising revenue from my actions, I don't think
that's very plausible unless I click on the ads.

====================
Bullshit, fool. I never said that, you have tried to imply it because of
your ignorance amd need to
not understand how you impact animals. Staying ignorant is want you have to
do to remain a
wannbe vegan...

What's your argument, then? How are my actions going to have any
impact on animals? Just provide a decent argument for once.

You don't know anything about how much imported food and spices I eat,

=======================
LOL You're too engrossed in your own convenience and entertainment. It's
easy toi see through you,
hypocrite.

Translation: I'll make up fantasies about you and denigrate you on the
basis of them instead of acknowledgeing that I don't know the facts.

and while I can see that this is a concern from the point of view of global
warming, you haven't elaborated on how it bears on animals
specifically. I do not believe that I cause significantly more animal
suffering and death than is necessary to keep me healthy. To argue
otherwise you would have to come up with a reasonable estimate for how
much suffering and death I actually cause. You've never attempted this
task.

============================
LOL You make the original claims fool. try showing how many you have
saved.
I have shown how you kill animals, and nhow many are involved. Too bad
you've never
been ablr to back up anything you've said, killer.

But I have no interest in proving myself to you. I just have in
interest in helping animals, not in proving to you that I help
animals. Your opinion of me means nothing to me. You took it upon
yourself to insult me, either back up your claims or acknowledge that
your insults lacked foundation. Or continue to prove yourself to be a
moronic ignorant bigot, which seems much more likely. I'm not too
fussed either way.

[...]

No, a silly fantasy you made up which is contradicted by obvious
facts.

[...]

I'm not retracting any claim I've actually made. I do reduce my impact
on animals, and it is motivated by genuine concern. Any idiot would be
able to see that.

thanks for the admission
of your previous
hypocrisy, killer....