Old 27-06-2007, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default It will now stop raining .......

..... and we will have a drought.

Why?

Well we have eight water butts. All full. Well they were until yesterday
when I emptied one out ;-( so I could replace the faulty tap at the bottom
for a new one.

We now have an empty water butt ready to be filled.

See what I mean? We've had the rain. Severn Valley Railway has had part of
it's track washed away, why? Because it was all planned for me to take 3
coach loads of people there on Saturday. Still had a great day, just a
reduced service. And Sunday? Massive parade at RAF Cosford, hundreds of
people, standards, Central Band of the RAF and what happened? Rained off.

OK, all that behind now.

Send on the drought.

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 27-06-2007, 10:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

'Mike' wrote:
.... and we will have a drought.

Why?

Well we have eight water butts. All full. Well they were until
yesterday when I emptied one out ;-( so I could replace the faulty
tap at the bottom for a new one.

We now have an empty water butt ready to be filled.

See what I mean? We've had the rain. Severn Valley Railway has had
part of it's track washed away, why? Because it was all planned for
me to take 3 coach loads of people there on Saturday. Still had a
great day, just a reduced service. And Sunday? Massive parade at RAF
Cosford, hundreds of people, standards, Central Band of the RAF and
what happened? Rained off.
OK, all that behind now.

Send on the drought.

Mike

I have so much work to do in the garden, I need a drought !

--
MSN
Email

WebCam
http://nitromax.ww.com
Location Telford, Shropshire

Old 27-06-2007, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

.... and we will have a drought.

Mike

Determined not to have a bone dry, rock hard veg plot again this year I
splashed out and bought a powerful water pump and 50 metre high pressure
hosepipe so I can water the veg plot from the well. So far it has been used
all of, now let me see, erm... once in April. At this rate I'll be using it
to pump water OFF the veg plot.

David.

Old 27-06-2007, 10:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

.... and we will have a drought.

Mike

Determined not to have a bone dry, rock hard veg plot again this year I
splashed out and bought a powerful water pump and 50 metre high pressure
hosepipe so I can water the veg plot from the well. So far it has been
used all of, now let me see, erm... once in April. At this rate I'll be
using it to pump water OFF the veg plot.

David.

For years I have been thinking of rigging up a pump and float switch system
to keep the butts automatically topped up from the well. Don't think I will
bother now!! As a Marine Electrical Design Engineer I was used to designing
systems for pumping water out of the bilges, so it would come quite easy to
rig up :-))

Old 28-06-2007, 12:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... and we will have a drought.

Why?

Well we have eight water butts. All full. Well they were until yesterday
when I emptied one out ;-( so I could replace the faulty tap at the bottom
for a new one.

We now have an empty water butt ready to be filled.

See what I mean? We've had the rain. Severn Valley Railway has had part of
it's track washed away, why? Because it was all planned for me to take 3
coach loads of people there on Saturday. Still had a great day, just a
reduced service. And Sunday? Massive parade at RAF Cosford, hundreds of
people, standards, Central Band of the RAF and what happened? Rained off.

OK, all that behind now.

Send on the drought.

I blame it on Wimbledon. I'm sure it wasn't that bad before the tournament
started.

mark

Old 28-06-2007, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... and we will have a drought.

Why?

Well we have eight water butts. All full. Well they were until yesterday
when I emptied one out ;-( so I could replace the faulty tap at the
bottom for a new one.

We now have an empty water butt ready to be filled.

See what I mean? We've had the rain. Severn Valley Railway has had part
of it's track washed away, why? Because it was all planned for me to take
3 coach loads of people there on Saturday. Still had a great day, just a
reduced service. And Sunday? Massive parade at RAF Cosford, hundreds of
people, standards, Central Band of the RAF and what happened? Rained off.

OK, all that behind now.

Send on the drought.

I blame it on Wimbledon. I'm sure it wasn't that bad before the tournament
started.

It's traditionally said that Wimbledon always has one wet week and one dry
week. I hope this year is no exception.

Steve

Old 28-06-2007, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Mark" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

Rather like Cowes Week here on the Isle of Wight. Very often, no wind :-((

Old 28-06-2007, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , 'Mike'
wrote:

.... and we will have a drought.

Not possible - even if we get no more rain this summer. The Environment
Agency define drought by the amount of water available via the aquifers
and they are topped up by winter rainfall. Summer rain, or the lack of
it, hardly impacts at all upon that drought scenario.
Old 28-06-2007, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
.... and we will have a drought.

Why?

Well we have eight water butts. All full. Well they were until yesterday
when I emptied one out ;-( so I could replace the faulty tap at the
bottom for a new one.

We now have an empty water butt ready to be filled.

See what I mean? We've had the rain. Severn Valley Railway has had part
of it's track washed away, why? Because it was all planned for me to take
3 coach loads of people there on Saturday. Still had a great day, just a
reduced service. And Sunday? Massive parade at RAF Cosford, hundreds of
people, standards, Central Band of the RAF and what happened? Rained off.

OK, all that behind now.

Send on the drought.

I blame it on Wimbledon. I'm sure it wasn't that bad before the tournament
started.

I blame it on global warming.

Old 28-06-2007, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/6/07 18:41, in article , "Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

You're both wrong. It's entirely the fault of Glastonbury.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 28-06-2007, 11:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 28/6/07 18:41, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

Sorry, forgot all about that, I should have remembered as I was in that area
during the time it was on, managed to avoid it on the way there, but got
caught up with it on the way back, I'll have to be more careful next time!

Old 28-06-2007, 11:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 28/6/07 18:41, in article ,
"Alan
Holmes" wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message

"'Mike'" wrote in message
[...]

Well you are all wrong. It was because my water butts were full and I wanted
one of them empty so I could change the tap. We will now have a drought.

See if I am not right.

Old 29-06-2007, 12:27 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 20:51:55 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

snip
And Sunday? Massive parade at RAF Cosford, hundreds of
people, standards, Central Band of the RAF and what happened? Rained off.

I actually went on Saturday - great day out.

But I thought the new display building was a terrible waste of money.
You could not see the exhibits properly - you had to be too close to
them - they would have been much better displayed in a conventional
hangar with walk-ways above so that you could see the scale of the
planes; I'm sure that a conventional hangar would have been much, much
cheaper too.

Having said that - a great day out and thoroughly recommended.

(PS : I saw the building was built with the tax on fools called the
lottery)

Time's getting short - PLEASE stop raining! Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 0 01-05-2012 09:57 PM
RAIN SOUND RAINING RAIN RAINY RAINING SOUND RAIN RAINY Kulin Remailer Gardening 1 19-05-2011 03:42 PM
RAIN SOUND RAINING RAIN RAINY RAINING SOUND RAIN RAINY Kulin Remailer Gardening 2 19-05-2011 09:24 AM
It`s raining spikes! Claude Orchids 5 03-12-2004 02:46 PM
It`s raining spikes! Claude Orchids 0 30-11-2004 11:47 PM