GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Potato blight - degree of urgency? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/160877-potato-blight-degree-urgency.html)

Emery Davis 30-06-2007 09:25 AM

Potato blight - degree of urgency?

On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:42:33 +0100
Broadback wrote:

Hm, so no one has told the maples about global warming then!

They know about it! Boiling spring, cold summer... :) Last year
May was so hot there was a little leaf drop.

Of course that 6 inches of snow we had end March didn't help either.
Not to mention not a drop in April, until the end of month hail storm
-- marble sized -- stripped the leaves off of many. Not to mention
knocking out the cherries...

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Steve Harris 30-06-2007 01:25 PM

Potato blight - degree of urgency?

In article ,
(Emery Davis) wrote:

I notice
a lot of maples putting on fall colours, just because it's so cold.
Dogwoods, too.

And Blueberries!

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/

Emery Davis 01-07-2007 09:47 PM

Potato blight - degree of urgency?

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 13:25 +0100 (BST)
(Steve Harris) wrote:

In article ,
(Emery Davis) wrote:

I notice
a lot of maples putting on fall colours, just because it's so cold.
Dogwoods, too.

And Blueberries!

Just a follow up on the fall-like conditions, we picked a lot of blueberries today,
way ahead of schedule. The woodland paths were littered with yellow birch and
beech leaves. And, baskets of girolles: only 3 full months ahead of schedule!

Made a nice addition to tonight's dinner, though.

-E