Old 06-07-2007, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plague of snails.

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

The contents of my wife's handbag would easily fill a small removal van.
--

Martin

My wife once asked me to get something out of her handbag, I swear I could
hear voices in the distance shouting "Help - is there anyone there!" So
now I take precautions and always open her bag while wearing a safety
line... can't be too careful. I think it is a portal into another galaxy.

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Mary

David.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

The contents of my wife's handbag would easily fill a small removal van.
--

Martin

My wife once asked me to get something out of her handbag, I swear I
could hear voices in the distance shouting "Help - is there anyone
there!" So now I take precautions and always open her bag while wearing a
safety line... can't be too careful. I think it is a portal into another
galaxy.

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Mary

Since moving to France I've got my own unisex handbag, don't tell anyone or
they'll think I'm gay! It's very handy and doesn't have the same stigma as
in the UK - I once went out with it there and a van load of builders started
wolf whistling me and making suggestive remarks. The Mrs used to complain
that her bag weighed a ton carrying my stuff around too, and seeing a number
of French men with them got one myself. Pockets are too small - its great
for carrying wallet, mobile, camera, passport, little computer, vehicle /
insurance docs, cheque book etc. (Not enough room for any lippy though ;-)

David.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Spouse used to carry one to work (school), we gave it to him for Christmas.
It was a rather fetching multicoloured south american embroidered one.
Nobody ever wolf whistled at him ... but he has rather a large beard.

The Mrs used to complain that her bag weighed a ton carrying my stuff
around too,

Oh is THAT why women have bags?

and seeing a number of French men with them got one myself. Pockets are
too small - its great for carrying wallet, mobile, camera, passport,
little computer, vehicle / insurance docs, cheque book etc. (Not enough
room for any lippy though ;-)

Do you really need all those things all the time? I manage well with my
large bunch of keys, my gardening knife and my mobile. If I'm shopping
shudder my credit card goes into my back pocket ( I don't carry cash).
surely you don't need a passport all the time? I've no idea where mine is.

Oh, and my hanky lives in the same pocket as the phone. If I ever put
anything in the wrong pocket I'd panic!

Mary

Old 06-07-2007, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 6, 8:08 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

Do you really need all those things all the time? I manage well with my
large bunch of keys, my gardening knife and my mobile. If I'm shopping
shudder

Stop it Mary, I've had a glass or two of wine and the above has me
laugh.

my credit card goes into my back pocket ( I don't carry cash).

I knew it, your Highness.

Judith

Old 06-07-2007, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?
--
Kay

Old 06-07-2007, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 6, 9:39 pm, K wrote:
Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?
--

Laura Ashley do a nice cotton one with pockets Kay but I take your
point, pockets on skirts and frocks no longer exist and I don't have

Judith

Old 06-07-2007, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 6, 8:08 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

Do you really need all those things all the time? I manage well with my
large bunch of keys, my gardening knife and my mobile. If I'm shopping
shudder

Stop it Mary, I've had a glass or two of wine and the above has me
laugh.

I wrote it after my usual half bottle but it didn't seem funny to me ...

my credit card goes into my back pocket ( I don't carry cash).

I knew it, your Highness.

No, I rarely spend anything and I can't remember a pin because of a medical
condition so have to have a chip-n-sig card, it can cause problems in shops.
But coinage is heavy and wears my pockets, I tend to lose notes ... I'm a
bit of a mess :-)

Mary

Judith

Old 06-07-2007, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?

Oh I do have a dress. It's known as The Frock and gets wheeled out for
weddings, funerals and posh dinners. So not often :-)

I'm not comfortable in a dress or skirt, except the historical clothing I
have. None of that has pockets. The C15th has a belt with various things
hanging from it - very useful!

Mary

Old 06-07-2007, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6 Jul, 22:38, Martin wrote:
Marijuana is easier to obtain

And easier to grow.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/7/07 18:28, in article , "David
(Normandy)" wrote:

The contents of my wife's handbag would easily fill a small removal van.
--

Martin

My wife once asked me to get something out of her handbag, I swear I could
hear voices in the distance shouting "Help - is there anyone there!" So now
I take precautions and always open her bag while wearing a safety line...
can't be too careful. I think it is a portal into another galaxy.

David.

;-)) My husband calls mine The Black Hole of Calcutta. It's a vast leather
thing and it's at least 9 years old and I love it dearly. Nobody grumbles
about it when they say "could you just fit this in your bag........"
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 06-07-2007, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/7/07 18:36, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message

The contents of my wife's handbag would easily fill a small removal van.
--

Martin

My wife once asked me to get something out of her handbag, I swear I could
hear voices in the distance shouting "Help - is there anyone there!" So
now I take precautions and always open her bag while wearing a safety
line... can't be too careful. I think it is a portal into another galaxy.

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

The Beverly Hillbillies.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/7/07 22:38, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 13:51:49 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 6/7/07 13:13, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

Maybe Sacha can think of some plants that are worth there weight in gold in
UK?

Truffles? ;-)

But not as tasty?

Old 07-07-2007, 08:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?
-- Kay

That's why I only wear trousers :~)
Jenny

Old 07-07-2007, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

" writes
On Jul 6, 9:39 pm, K wrote:
Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?
--

Laura Ashley do a nice cotton one with pockets Kay but I take your
point, pockets on skirts and frocks no longer exist and I don't have
the bottom for trousers, i.e. it is non-existent, unfortunately.

It's difficult enough even with trousers. Women's trousers, at least
smart ones that you'd wear for work, tend not to have pockets.

Like Mary, I don't carry a handbag, and by the time I've found clothes
with pockets, then found a colour that doesn't make me look washed out
and frumpish, then something which approximates to my waist and hip
measurements, you can completely forget about fashion and whether the
hemline is at the right level.

I think when I get really old and start losing my hair and growing a
moustache, I will simply pretend to be a man. Life is so much easier for
them!
--
Kay
Old 07-07-2007, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

JennyC writes

"K" wrote in message
Mary Fisher writes

I've heard this before about handbags. I don't have one.

What are pockets made for?

Have you tried to buy a skirt with pockets? Or a dress?

That's why I only wear trousers :~)

We're beginning to discover an unmet need here, aren't we? Women who
have reached an age of sense and maturity need clothes with pockets.
Designers, are you listening?
--
Kay