GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Cauliflower (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/161334-cauliflower.html)

Carol Hague 06-07-2007 03:37 PM

Cauliflower

My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

:-)

--
Carol
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put

[email protected] 06-07-2007 03:56 PM

Cauliflower

On Jul 6, 3:37 pm, (Carol Hague) wrote:
My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

Wow, you could make one whole canape with that!

Judith

Carol Hague 06-07-2007 04:03 PM

Cauliflower

wrote:

On Jul 6, 3:37 pm, (Carol Hague) wrote:
My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

Wow, you could make one whole canape with that!

I told my husband about it and he said "So it won't feed us through the
winter then?"

I told him it wouldn't even feed us through the weekend :-)

Sacha 06-07-2007 04:07 PM

Cauliflower

On 6/7/07 15:37, in article , "Carol
Hague" wrote:

My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

:-)

I'm sure there's a market *somewhere* for bijou vegetables!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

David \(Normandy\) 06-07-2007 04:10 PM

Cauliflower

My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

:-)

--
Carol

If you had more, you could dip them in batter and deep fry them.

David.

Bob Hobden 06-07-2007 04:10 PM

Cauliflower

"Carol Hague" wrote ...
My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

That looks like Pigeon damage to me.
You need to invest in some bird netting. :-(

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Carol Hague 06-07-2007 04:16 PM

Cauliflower

Hague" wrote:

My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

:-)

I'm sure there's a market *somewhere* for bijou vegetables!

Nouvelle Cuisine :-)

Carol Hague 06-07-2007 04:18 PM

Cauliflower

David (Normandy) wrote:

My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

:-)

--
Carol

If you had more, you could dip them in batter and deep fry them.

If it wasn't for the bit that says "Normandy" that would make me suspect
you were Scottish :-)

Carol Hague 06-07-2007 04:18 PM

Cauliflower

Bob Hobden wrote:

"Carol Hague" wrote ...
My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

That looks like Pigeon damage to me.
You need to invest in some bird netting. :-(

There was definitely some sort of insecty thing involved, although the
pigeons might well have had a go too.

[email protected] 06-07-2007 04:25 PM

Cauliflower

On Jul 6, 4:10 pm, "David \(Normandy\)"
wrote:

If you had more, you could dip them in batter and deep fry them.

I can't remember which group are we in David?? tee hee

Judith

Mary Fisher 06-07-2007 04:30 PM

Cauliflower

"Carol Hague" wrote in message
My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

We had three like that, all the rest were much worse. The only good one was
that I gave to a son, it had a beautiful, large curd and, he gloats, was
very tasty.

Mary

David \(Normandy\) 06-07-2007 04:37 PM

Cauliflower

If you had more, you could dip them in batter and deep fry them.

If it wasn't for the bit that says "Normandy" that would make me suspect
you were Scottish :-)

I'm not Scottish but my wallet is :-)

No... Actually we've got one of those 'Naked Chef' videos and happened to
play it the other evening when Jamie Oliver had lots of little veggies like
those in the photo and battered them. The main difference is that he had to
cut his up to get them that small.

David.

David \(Normandy\) 06-07-2007 04:39 PM

Cauliflower

oups.com...
wrote:

If you had more, you could dip them in batter and deep fry them.

I can't remember which group are we in David?? tee hee

Judith

I don't know... I'm losing the plot.

David.

Sacha 06-07-2007 04:39 PM

Cauliflower

Hague" wrote:

My cauliflowers got badly eaten earlier this year, by some sort of
caterpillar, I think.

But one of them remained undaunted and has produced this fine specimen
:-

http://pics.livejournal.com/cat63/pic/0000zre4

:-)

I'm sure there's a market *somewhere* for bijou vegetables!

Nouvelle Cuisine :-)

Ah yes, a magnifying glass beside every plate! ;-)

Sacha 06-07-2007 04:56 PM

Cauliflower

On 6/7/07 16:37, in article , "David
(Normandy)" wrote:

If you had more, you could dip them in batter and deep fry them.

If it wasn't for the bit that says "Normandy" that would make me suspect
you were Scottish :-)

I'm not Scottish but my wallet is :-)

No... Actually we've got one of those 'Naked Chef' videos and happened to
play it the other evening when Jamie Oliver had lots of little veggies like
those in the photo and battered them. The main difference is that he had to
cut his up to get them that small.

Ooooh - cruel, very, very cruel! ;-)