GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Concrete or resin planters (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/161470-concrete-resin-planters.html)

George.com 09-07-2007 06:50 AM

Concrete or resin planters

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I am looking for some large square and oblong concrete or concrete
looking planters but so far the cheapest I have found is around £300
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers
Nicola

1 suggestion. Aerated concrete, concrete with a high air content that maks
the mix bubble. Quite strong yet very light. They should be reasonably
priced and available about the place. It may go by the name of Hebel (after
the joker who invented it).

Have a squiz at these websites for more info
http://www.multicast.co.nz/index.php?page=Originz
http://www.aircrete.co.uk/

rob

Uncle Marvo 09-07-2007 03:51 PM

Concrete or resin planters

in
, I, Marvo, say :

Hi

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for some large square and oblong concrete or concrete
looking planters but so far the cheapest I have found is around £300

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A bit of work.

Bags of postfix (or postmix) at about £3 a bag. A big box of suitable shape,
made out of old wood (which mostly will be reuseable). Line it well with the
mix, insert another suitable box covered in poly sheeting inside, tamp down.
Water. Fill around with more postmix. Water again. Leave two days before
trying to get the middle box out.

Great thing is that Postmix goes in dry, then you add water. With a bit of
practice you'll be making these for a fiver each after a while.

Don't look quite as good as the £300 jobs but I wouldn't expect them to :-)

[email protected] 10-07-2007 11:40 AM

Concrete or resin planters

On 9 Jul, 15:51, "Uncle Marvo"
in om, I, Marvo, say :

Hi

I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I am looking for some large square and oblong concrete or concrete
looking planters but so far the cheapest I have found is around £300

Does anyone have any suggestions?

A bit of work.

Bags of postfix (or postmix) at about £3 a bag. A big box of suitable shape,
made out of old wood (which mostly will be reuseable). Line it well with the
mix, insert another suitable box covered in poly sheeting inside, tamp down.
Water. Fill around with more postmix. Water again. Leave two days before
trying to get the middle box out.

Great thing is that Postmix goes in dry, then you add water. With a bit of
practice you'll be making these for a fiver each after a while.

Don't look quite as good as the £300 jobs but I wouldn't expect them to :-)

Thanks for this :-)

[email protected] 10-07-2007 11:42 AM

Concrete or resin planters

On 9 Jul, 06:50, "George.com" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

Hi
I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
I am looking for some large square and oblong concrete or concrete
looking planters but so far the cheapest I have found is around £300
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Cheers
Nicola

1 suggestion. Aerated concrete, concrete with a high air content that maks
the mix bubble. Quite strong yet very light. They should be reasonably
priced and available about the place. It may go by the name of Hebel (after
the joker who invented it).

Have a squiz at these websites for more infohttp://www.multicast.co.nz/index.php?page=Originzhttp://www.aircrete.co.uk/

rob

Thanks Rob - have you played with Aircrete?

Uncle Marvo 10-07-2007 11:48 AM

Concrete or resin planters

in
, I, Marvo, say :

On 9 Jul, 15:51, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote this in om,
[...]

I have done them in the past. I now tend to make raised beds instead, and
use wooden half-barrels, but they're really difficult to find now. People
have found out what things are worth!