Old 19-07-2007, 08:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Newby Question re Chillie ripening

Guys,

I'm hoping you can help me with a very basic question please?

I've just started growing chillies this year and my Jalapenos are
going red way before they reach full size.

Can you tell me how I deal with this please? They're nice and red and
soft but are less than an inch long.

They're in 12" pots of tomato grow bag compost. The plants themselves
look really healthy - I have had 3 or 4 full sized chillies off them
so far but since then they've been small. Until about a week ago they
were in an opensided leanto greenhouse. Also I'm feding them on tomato
food once a week at the dilution recomended for chillies.

Any pointers you could give me would be much appreciated as google has
turned up no results so far.

Thanks and regards
Stuart