Old 20-07-2007, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Campanula pruning

Hi

A friend has some Campanulas. She can't remember the species, but it's
probably the most standard one that you see in the garden centres. It makes
evergreen and mound forming. It's getting a bit out of hand. She wants to
know whether to prune it, and if so when.

I hack mine about at any time of year when I see them getting straggly....
but what does the group think ?

--
Jenny (the Netherlands)
remove squirrel to reply

Old 20-07-2007, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 20 Jul, 17:32, "JennyC" wrote:
Hi

A friend has some Campanulas. She can't remember the species, but it's
probably the most standard one that you see in the garden centres. It makes
evergreen and mound forming. It's getting a bit out of hand. She wants to
know whether to prune it, and if so when.

I hack mine about at any time of year when I see them getting straggly....
but what does the group think ?

I have a white one and it lives in a pot. I just cut the stems after
flowering. A handful of them. But I started with a tiny one which was
given to me about 3 years ago and only this year it has taken well and
sent lots of shoots and filled the whole pot. Looks a bit yellow
tho ... the rain I s'pose (