Old 21-07-2007, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Introducing myself

Hello all.

Having just subscribed to the newsgroup I thought I would introduce myself.

I live in a suburb of Sheffield, on the eastern slopes of the Pennines at
about 650 feet. I have a small to medium-sized garden and grow mainly
flowers and shrubs. Much of the garden is in partial shade.

This year I am experimenting with an Earthbox, and have just ordered a
greenhouse. So far I have managed with just a home-made coldframe.

Expect questions on greenhouse gardening in the near future!

Keith

Old 21-07-2007, 08:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith & Jennie Allchin" wrote in message
Hello all.

Having just subscribed to the newsgroup I thought I would introduce
myself.

I live in a suburb of Sheffield, on the eastern slopes of the Pennines at
about 650 feet. I have a small to medium-sized garden and grow mainly
flowers and shrubs. Much of the garden is in partial shade.

This year I am experimenting with an Earthbox, and have just ordered a
greenhouse. So far I have managed with just a home-made coldframe.

Expect questions on greenhouse gardening in the near future!

We can't wait!(:-)

Keith

Old 21-07-2007, 08:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

Keith & Jennie Allchin wrote:
Hello all.

Having just subscribed to the newsgroup I thought I would introduce myself.

I live in a suburb of Sheffield, on the eastern slopes of the Pennines at
about 650 feet. I have a small to medium-sized garden and grow mainly
flowers and shrubs. Much of the garden is in partial shade.

This year I am experimenting with an Earthbox, and have just ordered a
greenhouse. So far I have managed with just a home-made coldframe.

Expect questions on greenhouse gardening in the near future!

Keith

Hi Keith and welcome. I hope you will find much pleasure from your
garden, especially the greenhouse.I have been digging my little patch
for 56 years, with a greenhouse for 30 years, and am still learning
from my friends, here.
Happy Gardening to you both and please keep in touch.
Sam.
Old 21-07-2007, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 21, 8:10 pm, "Keith & Jennie Allchin"
wrote:
Hello all.

Having just subscribed to the newsgroup I thought I would introduce myself.

Hi, Keith, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk. I am here mostly to
learn but I used to grow grapes at my last house so I might be able to
help you there.

Judith

Old 21-07-2007, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:54:14 +0100, wrote

snip

Hi, Keith, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk.

Not that I have any personal knowledge g, but doesn't this sound a bit like
a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous?

SCNR

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

Old 22-07-2007, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith & Jennie Allchin" wrote in message
Hello all.

Having just subscribed to the newsgroup I thought I would introduce
myself.

I live in a suburb of Sheffield, on the eastern slopes of the Pennines at
about 650 feet. I have a small to medium-sized garden and grow mainly
flowers and shrubs. Much of the garden is in partial shade.

This year I am experimenting with an Earthbox, and have just ordered a
greenhouse. So far I have managed with just a home-made coldframe.

Expect questions on greenhouse gardening in the near future!

Keith

What's an Earthbox? Anything to do with the Earth Centre?

Mary
in Leeds, up the road

Old 22-07-2007, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:54:14 +0100, wrote

snip

Hi, Keith, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk.

Not that I have any personal knowledge g, but doesn't this sound a bit
like
a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous?

SCNR

Just a bit (no personal knowledge either!)

Keith

Old 22-07-2007, 12:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 22, 9:51 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

What's an Earthbox? Anything to do with the Earth Centre?

Mary, tell me you are pulling his leg?

Judith

Old 22-07-2007, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:54:14 +0100, wrote

snip

Hi, Keith, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk.

Not that I have any personal knowledge g, but doesn't this sound a bit
like
a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous?

You've been there as well?

Old 22-07-2007, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 21, 11:50 pm, Sally Thompson
wrote:
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 22:54:14 +0100, wrote

snip

Hi, Keith, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk.

Not that I have any personal knowledge g, but doesn't this sound a bit like
a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous?

or Blind Date?

Judith

Old 22-07-2007, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

snip

Hi, Keith, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk.

Not that I have any personal knowledge g, but doesn't this sound a bit
like
a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous?

or Blind Date?

I wouldn't know about that one :-) The things I miss without a TV!

Oh - it's a telly programme! Thanks, Sally, I was wondering.

Mary
er - how do you know?

Old 22-07-2007, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 22, 9:51 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:

What's an Earthbox? Anything to do with the Earth Centre?

Mary, tell me you are pulling his leg?

I'm not. He doesn't live too far from the Earth Centre which, sadly, is now
closed.

"In September 2004 the attraction closed to the public, and only pre-booked
school parties were allowed. By the end of October, the Earth Centre,
monument to Sustainability, was un-sustainable and was put in the hands of
administrators. "

Mary

Old 22-07-2007, 09:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 20:40:59 +0100, Mary Fisher wrote
(in article ):

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
al.net...

snip

Hi, Keith, I'm Judith and I live in Norfolk.

Not that I have any personal knowledge g, but doesn't this sound a bit
like
a meeting of Alcoholics Anonymous?

or Blind Date?

I wouldn't know about that one :-) The things I miss without a TV!

Oh - it's a telly programme! Thanks, Sally, I was wondering.

Mary
er - how do you know?

I read the reviews of course :-)