GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Can you identify these flowers? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/162104-can-you-identify-these-flowers.html)

TonyW 23-07-2007 05:48 PM

Can you identify these flowers?

Hi I'm doing a photo exhibition and 2 of the shots are of flowers - I
think they are a maple leaf and crocus but I'd like confirmation and
any more details (Latin/common name) if possible. You can see them
at www.whytestuff.com: maple leaf is the home page shot; crocus is
under "Here"/"Nature" 1st page bottom right.

Many thanks

Tony

TonyW 23-07-2007 05:51 PM

On 23 Jul, 17:48, TonyW wrote:
Hi I'm doing a photo exhibition and 2 of the shots are of flowers - I
think they are a maple leaf and crocus but I'd like confirmation and
any more details (Latin/common name) if possible. You can see them
atwww.whytestuff.com:maple leaf is the home page shot; crocus is
under "Here"/"Nature" 1st page bottom right.

Many thanks

Tony

I should add that (a) they were taken in Kew Gardens; and (b) of
course a maple leaf isn't a flower - doh

Tony

Sacha 23-07-2007 06:02 PM

Can you identify these flowers?

On 23/7/07 17:48, in article
, "TonyW"
wrote:

Hi I'm doing a photo exhibition and 2 of the shots are of flowers - I
think they are a maple leaf and crocus but I'd like confirmation and
any more details (Latin/common name) if possible. You can see them
at
www.whytestuff.com: maple leaf is the home page shot; crocus is
under "Here"/"Nature" 1st page bottom right.

The first looks rather like Liquidambar and the second looks like Colchicum
autumnale aka 'naked ladies' to some.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

[email protected] 23-07-2007 06:19 PM

On Jul 23, 5:48 pm, TonyW wrote:
Hi I'm doing a photo exhibition and 2 of the shots are of flowers - I
think they are a maple leaf and crocus but I'd like confirmation and
any more details (Latin/common name) if possible. You can see them
atwww.whytestuff.com:maple leaf is the home page shot; crocus is
under "Here"/"Nature" 1st page bottom right.

Great site and pictures.

Judith

Stewart Robert Hinsley 23-07-2007 07:04 PM

Can you identify these flowers?

In message , Sacha
writes
On 23/7/07 17:48, in article
. com, "TonyW"
wrote:

Hi I'm doing a photo exhibition and 2 of the shots are of flowers - I
think they are a maple leaf and crocus but I'd like confirmation and
any more details (Latin/common name) if possible. You can see them
at www.whytestuff.com: maple leaf is the home page shot; crocus is
under "Here"/"Nature" 1st page bottom right.

The first looks rather like Liquidambar and the second looks like Colchicum
autumnale aka 'naked ladies' to some.

I think the second is Crocus speciosus.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Benno Bös 23-07-2007 08:51 PM

TonyW schrieb:

crocus is
under "Here"/"Nature" 1st page bottom right.

Saffron

--
************ das GIFTPFLANZEN.COMpendium ************
***** jetzt mit aktueller Pflanzensystematik und Leformix *****

TonyW 27-07-2007 05:03 PM

Can you identify these flowers?

wrote:

Hi I'm doing a photo exhibition and 2 of the shots are of flowers - I
think they are a maple leaf and crocus but I'd like confirmation and
any more details (Latin/common name) if possible. You can see them
atwww.whytestuff.com:maple leaf is the home page shot; crocus is
under "Here"/"Nature" 1st page bottom right.

The first looks rather like Liquidambar and the second looks like Colchicum
autumnale aka 'naked ladies' to some.

I think the second is Crocus speciosus.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks all - turns out from checking photos carefully against mine
that crocus speciosus and liquidambar are the best matches - many
thanks