Old 25-07-2007, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Struggling to find homes for New Zealand Tree ferns 8ft to 10ft tall. PLEASE HELP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought over from New Zealand last year a container of Squarrosa Tree
Ferns varying in size from 7ft tall to nearly 10ft tall.

They are sometimes used over here as fences, all lined up & lashed together.
They can be used either as a living fence or dead and dried. Very useful
around the garden as landscaping. I have some dead logs screening off my
polytunnel.

rob

Old 26-07-2007, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I bought over from New Zealand last year a container of Squarrosa Tree
Ferns varying in size from 7ft tall to nearly 10ft tall.

I thought there was a market for these taller ferns and since spending
the past six months potting, watering and feeding them all and I am
now struggling to find homes for them.

Can anybody within this group recommend me onto buyers who are already
selling these ferns or even better individuals that would have a big
enough garden to show these lovely ferns off in.

It will be so sad if they were to die.

My website for information about my ferns is www.malinso.com

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thank you

John & Sharon Barden

Old 26-07-2007, 12:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 26, 12:02 am, "
wrote:
I bought over from New Zealand last year a container of Squarrosa Tree
Ferns varying in size from 7ft tall to nearly 10ft tall.

I thought there was a market for these taller ferns and since spending
the past six months potting, watering and feeding them all and I am
now struggling to find homes for them.

Can anybody within this group recommend me onto buyers who are already
selling these ferns or even better individuals that would have a big
enough garden to show these lovely ferns off in.

It will be so sad if they were to die.

My website for information about my ferns iswww.malinso.com

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thank you

I can't put you directly in touch with anyone, but try Wil Giles of
Norwich, see his web page he may be able to help.

Judith

Old 26-07-2007, 06:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought over from New Zealand last year a container of Squarrosa Tree
Ferns varying in size from 7ft tall to nearly 10ft tall.

I thought there was a market for these taller ferns and since spending
the past six months potting, watering and feeding them all and I am
now struggling to find homes for them.

Can anybody within this group recommend me onto buyers who are already
selling these ferns or even better individuals that would have a big
enough garden to show these lovely ferns off in.

It will be so sad if they were to die.

My website for information about my ferns is www.malinso.com

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thank you

John & Sharon Barden

The problem you have is that the consensus of opinion amongst some of the
tree fern experts is that those ferns are on their way to the great compost
heap in the sky.
I noticed that you were selling them on Ebay and at a very good
price,however ,unless they are fully rooted what chance will they stand .
Caveat emptor.

Old 26-07-2007, 08:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
I bought over from New Zealand last year a container of Squarrosa Tree
Ferns varying in size from 7ft tall to nearly 10ft tall.

I thought there was a market for these taller ferns and since spending
the past six months potting, watering and feeding them all and I am
now struggling to find homes for them.

Can anybody within this group recommend me onto buyers who are already
selling these ferns or even better individuals that would have a big
enough garden to show these lovely ferns off in.

It will be so sad if they were to die.

My website for information about my ferns is www.malinso.com

I look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thank you

John & Sharon Barden

Try Trecanna nursery in Cornwall who do sell them, but Cornwall is one of
the few places you can grow them, they are much less hardy than Dicksonia

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 26-07-2007, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/7/07 08:54, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

The OP could also try KobaKoba and Mulu, and Trevena Cross. The other
solution would be to look in the Plant Finder for a current supplier and off
them to him/her.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk