Old 27-07-2007, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Default "Red Wine headache"

Uncle Marvo wrote:

The only Irishman I know well can't stand Guinness. He can drink me under
the table on lager though.

Ooh, the visions this conjures up...

Greg
--
Ah, Lydia!
She was the most glorious creature under the sun.

No ficus = no spam
Old 27-07-2007, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Hi..

[...young red wine headache...]
Thanks for any help and advice.

Well easy to explain I guess..:

Young red wine shall contain a lot of hydric acid
(=dihydrogen monoxide)..!
--
cu
Marco
Old 27-07-2007, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

I never use pain killers or patent medicines but even if I did am
forbidden
ibuprofen because of my sailing activities.

?? Not good for people with ulcers I know, or asthma, I think.

--
Sacha

And detrimental to Kidneys I have discovered :-((

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Old 27-07-2007, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On 27/7/07 18:42, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

I never use pain killers or patent medicines but even if I did am forbidden
ibuprofen because of my sailing activities.

?? Not good for people with ulcers I know, or asthma, I think.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

Old 28-07-2007, 06:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 27/7/07 18:42, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

" wrote in
message
ups.com...
On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the
Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

I never use pain killers or patent medicines but even if I did am
forbidden
ibuprofen because of my sailing activities.

?? Not good for people with ulcers I know, or asthma, I think.

In the list of banned substances for dope testing for athletes, or was
anyway, they keep changing the list.
Not very good for the digestive system either I think although I don't have
ulcers no idea about it's effect on asthma..

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
Festina lente

Old 28-07-2007, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On Jul 28, 5:58 am, "Cerumen" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

. uk...

On 27/7/07 18:42, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

" wrote in
message
roups.com...
On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the
Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers. ;-)

They do, you just ask for ibruprofen.

I never use pain killers or patent medicines but even if I did am
forbidden
ibuprofen because of my sailing activities.

?? Not good for people with ulcers I know, or asthma, I think.

In the list of banned substances for dope testing for athletes, or was
anyway, they keep changing the list.
Not very good for the digestive system either I think although I don't have
ulcers no idea about it's effect on asthma..

I take it, on prescription in tablet and gel form. Cervical spine 5
and 6 have crumbled and without ibruprofen I would be unable to
function. As with everything, there is a risk, calculating and
assessing that risk and trying to live a life as full as one's health
alllows is the norm. In my case I am extremely lucky as I can control
my pain and symptoms and if my stomach aches sometimes because of it,
I can live with that.

Judith

Old 28-07-2007, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 28, 5:58 am, "Cerumen" wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message

. uk...

On 27/7/07 18:42, in article ,
"Cerumen" wrote:

" wrote in
message
roups.com...
On Jul 27, 5:58 pm, Sacha wrote:

Ah well, I'm sure they have Nurofen in Ireland, too! BTW, the
Dioralyte
mentioned to Mike when Carol was ill, is also good for hangovers.
;-)

[...]

Judith I am just the same, on prescription and without it I am in agony with
arthritis in the knees, sometimes in the fingers if it is bad, and a bad
back I sustained years ago, BUT 2 x 600 a day has damaged my Kidneys now
:-((

Everything is under review and I have to return to the Doctor for more tests
next Friday.

What I am saying is, 'Watch your kidneys'. Have words with your Doctor over
this 'excessive' use of Ibuprofen. Don't mind telling you it has got me
concerned. I want to be like Bill Stone, 107 in September still with all his
faculties. That's 36 years away for me :-))

Old 28-07-2007, 12:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

Following up to "Cerumen" wrote:

I never get hangovers thankfully, even when I sober up; Age has taught me
what my limits are.

i just destroyed the limits.
--
Mike
(remove clothing to email)
Old 28-07-2007, 01:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

On Jul 28, 11:37 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

Judith I am just the same, on prescription and without it I am in agony with
arthritis in the knees, sometimes in the fingers if it is bad, and a bad
back I sustained years ago, BUT 2 x 600 a day has damaged my Kidneys now

That is a massive dose and if I needed that to control my pain, I
would be seeking a second opinion from a Consultant Rheumatologist,
there are other drugs that can be used.

What I am saying is, 'Watch your kidneys'. Have words with your Doctor over
this 'excessive' use of Ibuprofen.

I am fortunate that a very close friend is a Consultant Rheumatologist
and I have my fair share of doctors in the family.

Judith

Old 28-07-2007, 01:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 28, 11:37 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

Judith I am just the same, on prescription and without it I am in agony
with
arthritis in the knees, sometimes in the fingers if it is bad, and a bad
back I sustained years ago, BUT 2 x 600 a day has damaged my Kidneys now

That is a massive dose and if I needed that to control my pain, I
would be seeking a second opinion from a Consultant Rheumatologist,
there are other drugs that can be used.

What I am saying is, 'Watch your kidneys'. Have words with your Doctor
over
this 'excessive' use of Ibuprofen.

I am fortunate that a very close friend is a Consultant Rheumatologist
and I have my fair share of doctors in the family.

Judith

Wonderful, but I had to do my bit and state my findings just in case ;-))

Mike

Old 28-07-2007, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.food+drink.misc

:-((

Apologies, I didn't think the first one had gone

Old 28-07-2007, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 04:21:30 -0700, "
wrote:

On Jul 28, 11:37 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

Judith I am just the same, on prescription and without it I am in agony
with
arthritis in the knees, sometimes in the fingers if it is bad, and a bad
back I sustained years ago, BUT 2 x 600 a day has damaged my Kidneys now

That is a massive dose and if I needed that to control my pain, I
would be seeking a second opinion from a Consultant Rheumatologist,
there are other drugs that can be used.

What I am saying is, 'Watch your kidneys'. Have words with your Doctor
over
this 'excessive' use of Ibuprofen.

I am fortunate that a very close friend is a Consultant Rheumatologist
and I have my fair share of doctors in the family.

That sounds like you have more than your fair share. I only have two
doctors in
my family one health physicist and one astrophysicist.
--

Martin

We all have our cross to 'bare'

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Tis better to be Gills "Chew Toy" than one of Roy "Tristain" Hauer's "SOCKS" Tristan Ponds 0 03-01-2007 03:39 PM
red, red, red rose [email protected] Gardening 4 26-04-2005 04:16 PM
Red currant wine...yum rdoiron Edible Gardening 1 10-10-2003 06:42 PM
headache lawn quaspro Lawns 5 11-07-2003 05:18 PM
Wine Grape Bonsai Serial Killer Daze Bonsai 0 26-01-2003 05:35 AM