GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Diseased Horse Chestnut tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/162255-diseased-horse-chestnut-tree.html)

[email protected] 27-07-2007 11:31 AM

Diseased Horse Chestnut tree

Hi does anyone know what is wrong with my Horse Chestnut tree? I've
made a little web site with some photos, which you can see here,

http://freespace.virgin.net/fast.signs/tree.html

The symptoms are;
1) Generally sickly looking leaves that are yellowing and curling.
2) Reduced number and size of leaves at the top.
3) Splits appearing in the bark, there is one that you can see in the
photos that I could stick my fingers into.

Any help gratefully received.

James

Sacha 27-07-2007 02:13 PM

Diseased Horse Chestnut tree

On 27/7/07 11:31, in article
,
" wrote:

Hi does anyone know what is wrong with my Horse Chestnut tree? I've
made a little web site with some photos, which you can see here,

http://freespace.virgin.net/fast.signs/tree.html

The symptoms are;
1) Generally sickly looking leaves that are yellowing and curling.
2) Reduced number and size of leaves at the top.
3) Splits appearing in the bark, there is one that you can see in the
photos that I could stick my fingers into.

Any help gratefully received.

James

Hello, James. I regret to say that I think you better look at this pdf
about disease in horse chestunut trees:
http://www.forestresearch.gov.uk/pdf/Bleedingcanker.pdf/$FILE/Bleedingcanker
..pdf

--