Old 28-07-2007, 03:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Introducing myself..

Hi..

Well I'm Marco from Germany who loves to lurk here..

Have posted three times now without any reply..

Then I wondered why - and finally identified three main
categories of possible reasons..:

1: I didn't introduce myself - a shame I know but quasi
nonreversible..
2: This is a UKLG group, a refuge where UK_Located_Gardeners
are exclusively talking to other UK_Located_Gardeners..
3: I made a mistake outing myself to be a Marco..

A few decades ago my grandmother - she was an earthbound
country girl - taught me how to manage a fruit and
vegetable garden and how to keep and multiply companion
animals like ducks, geese, goats, hens..

Well today I'm exactly a 40+ years old man..!

Some years ago we moved to a house with 2 main
conservatories. The house is close to a(n) former/ancient
wineyard, at the sunny hills and I love the view over the
dell..

Here's a heavy clay soil and here I dicovered the flowers
(roses, geraniums, busy lizzie, lilies, others)..

BTW: For 41 1/2 years now I'm a fish and invertebrates crazy
aquarium fan and summer ponder..

That's quasi all about me..!

HTH..
--
cu
Marco
Old 28-07-2007, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

Well I'm Marco from Germany who loves to lurk here..

Have posted three times now without any reply..

You must have got the newsgroup wrong cos this is the only post from you
which has ever appeared in this group!

Old 28-07-2007, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi..

http://tinyurl.com/ywncjf

http://tinyurl.com/2fo7pt

http://tinyurl.com/2t2l88

And the OP you answered to..

Old 28-07-2007, 05:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

welcome - enjoy your stay - I haven't seen your posts before, but I have
now! I envy your 2 conservatories.
Chris S :-)

Old 28-07-2007, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

Well I'm Marco from Germany who loves to lurk here..

Have posted three times now without any reply..

Hi Marco - welcome to URG. What on earth did you ask about that got no
response !

Then I wondered why - and finally identified three main
categories of possible reasons..:

1: I didn't introduce myself - a shame I know but quasi
nonreversible..

Lots of people don't ...

2: This is a UKLG group, a refuge where UK_Located_Gardeners
are exclusively talking to other UK_Located_Gardeners..

Germany and a lot of Europe has a similar climate to th UK. Some people do
have a problem with autralia or the US :~) Whereabouts are you situated?

3: I made a mistake outing myself to be a Marco..

A few decades ago my grandmother - she was an earthbound
country girl - taught me how to manage a fruit and
vegetable garden and how to keep and multiply companion
animals like ducks, geese, goats, hens..

Well today I'm exactly a 40+ years old man..!

Some years ago we moved to a house with 2 main
conservatories. The house is close to a(n) former/ancient
wineyard, at the sunny hills and I love the view over the
dell..

Here's a heavy clay soil and here I dicovered the flowers
(roses, geraniums, busy lizzie, lilies, others)..

BTW: For 41 1/2 years now I'm a fish and invertebrates crazy
aquarium fan and summer ponder..

That's quasi all about me..!

HTH..
Marco

Jenny

Old 28-07-2007, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

Well I'm Marco from Germany who loves to lurk here..

Have posted three times now without any reply..

We're all too busy in our gardens :-)

Hi there Marco, welcome.

I lived in Belgium for 7 years. The Belgians come to England to look at the
gardens but I think theirs are better.

Colin

Old 28-07-2007, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Marco Schwarz writes
Hi..

Well I'm Marco from Germany who loves to lurk here..

Have posted three times now without any reply..

But the three you posted did need a reply...! ;-)
(they were all replies to someone else)

Then I wondered why - and finally identified three main
categories of possible reasons..:

1: I didn't introduce myself - a shame I know but quasi
nonreversible..

Doesn't matter in the slightest. I've never introduced myself ;-)

2: This is a UKLG group, a refuge where UK_Located_Gardeners
are exclusively talking to other UK_Located_Gardeners..

Not at all. We have quite a few based in France, one in Netherlands, a
couple the other side of the pond, one in Oz, used to have some
Scandinavians.

3: I made a mistake outing myself to be a Marco..

;-)

Even if you ask a direct question, you won't necessarily get an answer.
You'll only get an answer if a) someone knows the answer b) that someone
happens to be reading urg c) that someone is in a good mood and feels
like answering ;-) It's just the luck of the draw, it's nothing
personal.

--
Kay
Old 28-07-2007, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Jul, 15:52, Marco Schwarz wrote:
3: I made a mistake outing myself to be a Marco..

I got into a lot more trouble outing myself as someone who likes
daisies and germander speedwell in my lawn.

Old 28-07-2007, 10:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

http://tinyurl.com/ywncjf

http://tinyurl.com/2fo7pt

http://tinyurl.com/2t2l88

And the OP you answered to..

You must have got the newsgroup wrong cos this is the only
post from you which has ever appeared in this group!

And your point is?

I checked all the posts in this newsgroup and I found none from the OP!

Old 28-07-2007, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28 Jul, 19:16, "CWatters"
wrote:
I lived in Belgium for 7 years. The Belgians come to England to look at the
gardens but I think theirs are better.

I've been to http://www.jardins.dannevoie.be/
and the Chateau d'Enghien.

Both worth visiting.

Old 28-07-2007, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ps.com...
On 28 Jul, 15:52, Marco Schwarz wrote:
3: I made a mistake outing myself to be a Marco..

I got into a lot more trouble outing myself as someone who likes
daisies and germander speedwell in my lawn.

Hmmm

Should I stay in the closet, or come out myself.....

;-)

Old 28-07-2007, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
On 28 Jul, 19:16, "CWatters"
wrote:
I lived in Belgium for 7 years. The Belgians come to England to look at

the
gardens but I think theirs are better.

I've been to http://www.jardins.dannevoie.be/
and the Chateau d'Enghien.

Both worth visiting.

I was thinking of personal gardens. There were several houses in our road
that had very ornate box hedging in the front garden - all immaculately
manicured.

Slightly OT but...

Where we lived you didn't need to make an appointment to see a doctor - you
just turned up and waited. On one occasion there was nobody in the waiting
room when arrived but I still had to wait - just while the doctor washed her
hands and put her white coat on. Her surgery was a room on the side of her
house and she'd been outside gardening. Somehow I can't see that happening
in the UK.

Old 29-07-2007, 12:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
OG OG is offline

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

You must have got the newsgroup wrong cos this is the only
post from you which has ever appeared in this group!

Alan, I think you were mistaken

And your point is?

I wonder what /your/ point is,

I checked all the posts in this newsgroup and I found none from the OP!

it was easy enough to find Marco's previous posts
see following threads -
Red Geranium Seeds
Grass Carp

Old 29-07-2007, 02:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I wonder what /your/ point is,

I checked all the posts in this newsgroup and I found none from the OP!

it was easy enough

lets not turn a drama into a crisis !

There may have been a lot going on Marco, I didnt see you either !
but I didnt feel energised to see if they had appeared but had escaped
my attention !

Paranoia rules KO !

if at first you dont succeed, try try again,
we are not omnipotent, norb omnicient, we do have other lives, dont
feel bad about it,, this is usenet after all !

King Robert the Bruce I was born at Lochmaben Castle in 1274. He was
Knight and Overlord of Annandale. In 1306 he was crowned King of
Scotland and henceforth tried to free Scotland from the English enemy.
After being defeated at a battle, Bruce escaped and found a hideout in
a cave. Hiding in a cave for three months, Bruce was at the lowest
point of his life. He thought about leaving the country and never
coming back.
While waiting, he watched a spider building a web in the cave's
entrance. The spider fell down time after time, but finally he
succeeded with his web. So Bruce decided also to retry his fight and
told his men: "If at first you don't succeed, try try and try again".

now what shall we talk about ?

Old 29-07-2007, 09:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hi..

I got into a lot more trouble outing myself as someone who
likes daisies and germander speedwell in my lawn.

:-) Well we have no lawn - our house is on a slope..!

--
cu
Marco