GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yellow Bay Leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/162597-yellow-bay-leaves.html)

Saxman[_2_] 03-08-2007 12:31 PM

Yellow Bay Leaves

I have two potted bay shrubs. One has lost quite a few leaves and several
leaves have turned yellow.

Do they need mo-

Feeding?
Watering?
Potting on?
Roots cutting back?
Spraying?

TIA

Nick Maclaren 03-08-2007 12:36 PM

Yellow Bay Leaves

In article ,
"Saxman" writes:
| I have two potted bay shrubs. One has lost quite a few leaves and several
| leaves have turned yellow.
|
| Do they need mo-
|
| Feeding?
| Watering?
| Potting on?
| Roots cutting back?
| Spraying?

Almost certainly not. They probably need LESS water and/or better
drainage.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Sacha 03-08-2007 06:26 PM

Yellow Bay Leaves

On 3/8/07 12:31, in article ,
"Saxman" wrote:

I have two potted bay shrubs. One has lost quite a few leaves and several
leaves have turned yellow.

Do they need mo-

Feeding?
Watering?
Potting on?
Roots cutting back?
Spraying?

TIA

The usual maxim is don't feed a sick plant. They may have had too much
water and be too wet at the root. Raise the tubs off the ground on bricks,
or those little feet you can buy, to make sure they drain well.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk