GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Small climbing Rose wanted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/162824-small-climbing-rose-wanted.html)

Bob Hobden 08-08-2007 04:04 PM

Small climbing Rose wanted

Looking for a small climbing Rose to cover a 6ft high by 8 ft long West
facing terracotta painted wall. We want repeat flowering and a proper Rose
fragrance would be nice (not Tea).

So far of those we have seen we have liked...
Graham Thomas (yellow)
Generous Gardener (healthy, pink & nicely fragrant) Might clash with the
wall colour.
Tess of the D'Urbervilles (red)
These can either be small climbers or shrubs depending on pruning.

Any other suggestions we can look at?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

'Mike' 08-08-2007 06:26 PM

Small climbing Rose wanted

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
Looking for a small climbing Rose to cover a 6ft high by 8 ft long West
facing terracotta painted wall. We want repeat flowering and a proper Rose
fragrance would be nice (not Tea).

So far of those we have seen we have liked...
Graham Thomas (yellow)
Generous Gardener (healthy, pink & nicely fragrant) Might clash with the
wall colour.
Tess of the D'Urbervilles (red)
These can either be small climbers or shrubs depending on pruning.

Any other suggestions we can look at?

--
Regards
Bob Hobden
17mls W. of London.UK

Rambler 'Open Arms'.
Soft pink with yellow centre with brown tips to the stamens
Good natured keeps flowering.

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

Marco Schwarz 08-08-2007 07:03 PM

Small climbing Rose wanted

Hi..

Rambler 'Open Arms'.

Hmm this one..?
http://tinyurl.com/yvu8xx
--
cu
Marco, impressed..

'Mike' 08-08-2007 07:08 PM

Small climbing Rose wanted

"Marco Schwarz" wrote in message
Hi..

Rambler 'Open Arms'.

Hmm this one..?
http://tinyurl.com/yvu8xx
--
cu
Marco, impressed..

:-))

That's the one. We have one opposite our front door :-)

Bob Hobden 12-08-2007 05:59 PM

Small climbing Rose wanted

"Marco Schwarz" wrote
Rambler 'Open Arms'.

Hmm this one..?
http://tinyurl.com/yvu8xx

We want small growth not small flowers. :-)
It's also a Rambler not a climber/tall shrub.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden