Old 10-08-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Default Wilkinson Sword 'Power Plus' garden fork

Have managed to create a fracture where tine(sp?) number 2 (or 3
depending upon your viewpoint) meets the hoop formed by tines 1 and 2 of
my garden fork. Wilkinson Sword, or rather Fiskars (their successors in
garden tool manufacture), no longer make said fork and don't have a
equivalent for it. This is a pain as the fork has a shaft which is
90cm long which means that with the tines fully buried I am only leaning
over slightly - unlike every other fork I have ever used which, IIRC,
are about that length including the tines.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement?

TIA

Richard
Old 10-08-2007, 02:31 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

"Richard" wrote in message
Have managed to create a fracture where tine(sp?) number 2 (or 3 depending
upon your viewpoint) meets the hoop formed by tines 1 and 2 of my garden
fork. Wilkinson Sword, or rather Fiskars (their successors in garden tool
manufacture), no longer make said fork and don't have a equivalent for
it. This is a pain as the fork has a shaft which is 90cm long which
means that with the tines fully buried I am only leaning over slightly -
unlike every other fork I have ever used which, IIRC, are about that
length including the tines.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement?

TIA

Richard

Can a welder not fettle it for you?

Derek
fork handles

Old 10-08-2007, 02:37 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Derek wrote:

Can a welder not fettle it for you?

Derek
fork handles

That is indeed the parallel plan ;-)

Richard
Old 11-08-2007, 08:40 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening

Richard wrote:

Wilkinson Sword 'Power Plus

According to their web site
http://www.worldofwilkinsonsword.co..../Warranty.html
it has a life time warranty

--
zaax
Old 12-08-2007, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:40:14 GMT, "zaax"
wrote:

Richard wrote:

Wilkinson Sword 'Power Plus

According to their web site
http://www.worldofwilkinsonsword.co..../Warranty.html
it has a life time warranty

My interpretation of 'lifetime warranties' is that the warranty
expires at the moment the item does!

--
Chris

Wilkinson Sword Garden Forks - nearly 75% off retail price MJH_Trading Marketplace 2 14-06-2009 06:15 PM
Power Plus Pump experience ? Khoa Tran Ponds 1 14-09-2007 03:36 PM
Garden fork Janner United Kingdom 13 17-06-2007 12:48 AM
What's the best dang garden fork you can get? dt Texas 6 09-07-2004 04:02 AM
Clearance sale at Fork & Spade! Kim Roses 0 23-04-2003 01:32 PM