GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Purple Hot Poker (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/163028-purple-hot-poker.html)

Delboy 14-08-2007 01:07 AM

Purple Hot Poker

We have some Red Hot Poker - like plants that have purple flowers. What
are they called really we cant remember. Planted as bulbs last year we
think. Started flowering in July.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 14-08-2007 08:37 AM

Purple Hot Poker

"Delboy" wrote in message
We have some Red Hot Poker - like plants that have purple flowers. What
are they called really we cant remember. Planted as bulbs last year we
think. Started flowering in July.

Alliums? pinch a leaf between your fingers and sniff, if it smells of onions
that's what you have. otherwise I haven't a clue!

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Bob Hobden 14-08-2007 09:27 AM

Purple Hot Poker

"Delboy" wrote...
We have some Red Hot Poker - like plants that have purple flowers. What
are they called really we cant remember. Planted as bulbs last year we
think. Started flowering in July.

Liatris ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liatris

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

echinosum 14-08-2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delboy (Post 739065)
We have some Red Hot Poker - like plants that have purple flowers. What are they called really we cant remember. Planted as bulbs last year we think. Started flowering in July.

Probably Liatris. Google that and see if it looks like what you got.