GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   poplar tree (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/163579-poplar-tree.html)

Sheila 21-08-2007 01:37 PM

poplar tree

we have remnants of a poplar tree, what is the stuff to put into it to kill
it? thanks.

graham 21-08-2007 02:44 PM

poplar tree

"Sheila" wrote in message
.uk...
we have remnants of a poplar tree, what is the stuff to put into it to
kill it? thanks.

I had 4 50' monsters cut down (they were diseased) and the instructions from
the feller fella were to drill a few holes in the stump (near the
circumference) and fill them with neat glyphosate.

Later, if you don't have the stump ground out, drill more holes (1"D,
n"deep) and fill them with fertiliser to speed the rotting.
Graham

Sheila 21-08-2007 03:02 PM

poplar tree

"graham" wrote in message

"Sheila" wrote in message
.uk...
we have remnants of a poplar tree, what is the stuff to put into it to
kill it? thanks.

I had 4 50' monsters cut down (they were diseased) and the instructions
from the feller fella were to drill a few holes in the stump (near the
circumference) and fill them with neat glyphosate.

Later, if you don't have the stump ground out, drill more holes (1"D,
n"deep) and fill them with fertiliser to speed the rotting.
Graham

thanks for that,will get him indoors on to it straight away!

Chris Hogg 21-08-2007 09:02 PM

poplar tree

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 12:37:30 GMT, "Sheila"
wrote:

we have remnants of a poplar tree, what is the stuff to put into it to kill
it? thanks.

'Root Out', from all good garden centres. It's a stump killer,
contains ammonium sulphamate. Drill several holes in the top of the
stump, tip in solid 'Root Out', then cover the stump to protect from
rain. The stuff is slowly absorbed and it penetrates down to the roots
and kills it.

--
Chris