GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Summer Diaries Wednesday (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/163680-summer-diaries-wednesday.html)

Sacha 22-08-2007 11:44 AM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

Nice to see Christine visiting The Garden House but we were very
disappointed that there was not one word about Keith Wiley who dedicated a
huge chunk of years to that garden. Keith and his wife Ros worked
themselves into the ground there and it would have been good to see that
acknowledged.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

[email protected] 22-08-2007 11:50 AM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On Aug 22, 11:44 am, Sacha wrote:
Nice to see Christine visiting The Garden House but we were very
disappointed that there was not one word about Keith Wiley who dedicated a
huge chunk of years to that garden. Keith and his wife Ros worked
themselves into the ground there and it would have been good to see that
acknowledged.

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

Sacha, please tell me I have not missed it - it is on tomorrow isn't
it?

Judith

Sacha 22-08-2007 12:07 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 22/8/07 11:50, in article
,
" wrote:

On Aug 22, 11:44 am, Sacha wrote:
Nice to see Christine visiting The Garden House but we were very
disappointed that there was not one word about Keith Wiley who dedicated a
huge chunk of years to that garden. Keith and his wife Ros worked
themselves into the ground there and it would have been good to see that
acknowledged.

Sacha, please tell me I have not missed it - it is on tomorrow isn't
it?

Judith

Yes, our bit's tomorrow. It seems to be based largely on and around
Ashburton, our nearest town. There will be another bit from Michael Caines,
the 2* Michelin chef - a very nice and very talented man. How he produces
all that wonderful food and runs such a fabulous kitchen with only one hand
I cannot imagine.

[email protected] 22-08-2007 04:05 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On Aug 22, 12:07 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 22/8/07 11:50, in article
om,

I cannot imagine. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4294190.stm
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

We have our very own hero here on urg who never lets a small thing
stop him from doing anything. I'm not mentioning his name but you
know who I mean. He does more than 2 men put together.

Judith

Sacha 22-08-2007 04:44 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 22/8/07 16:05, in article
,
" wrote:

On Aug 22, 12:07 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 22/8/07 11:50, in article
om,

" wrote:
On Aug 22, 11:44 am, Sacha wrote:
[...]

Damn right.

Sacha 22-08-2007 05:33 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 22/8/07 16:57, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:07:26 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 22/8/07 11:50, in article
,
" wrote:

On Aug 22, 11:44 am, Sacha wrote:
Nice to see Christine visiting The Garden House but we were very
disappointed that there was not one word about Keith Wiley who dedicated a
huge chunk of years to that garden. Keith and his wife Ros worked
themselves into the ground there and it would have been good to see that
acknowledged.

Sacha, please tell me I have not missed it - it is on tomorrow isn't
it?

Judith

Yes, our bit's tomorrow. It seems to be based largely on and around
Ashburton, our nearest town. There will be another bit from Michael Caines,
the 2* Michelin chef - a very nice and very talented man. How he produces
all that wonderful food and runs such a fabulous kitchen with only one hand
I cannot imagine.

If you are wondering why Griff Rees Jones rode a horse that only went
backwards
on Sunday, it's because the horse was trained to do it.

Okay. I'm still trying to work out the connection here, Martin but I'm sure
there must be one. ;-)

Sacha 22-08-2007 05:49 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 22/8/07 17:42, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:33:54 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 22/8/07 16:57, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:07:26 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 22/8/07 11:50, in article
,
" wrote:

On Aug 22, 11:44 am, Sacha wrote:
[...]

Never trust what is shown as fact on TV?

Ah! Well, I can promise we have a garden and that Michael Caines does cook,
too. I've eaten some of his food!

JennyC 22-08-2007 09:21 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

"Martin" wrote
If you are wondering why Griff Rees Jones rode a horse that only went
backwards

on Sunday, it's because the horse was trained to do it.
Martin

I wasn't wondering about it, but thanks for the explanation anyway.
He is a great presenter and I love anything he's in :~))
And what glorious scenery in the mountains :~)))) Not much like that here in
flat Holland :~((
Jenny

JennyC 23-08-2007 06:44 AM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 22:21:09 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote
If you are wondering why Griff Rees Jones rode a horse that only went
backwards
on Sunday, it's because the horse was trained to do it.
Martin

I wasn't wondering about it, but thanks for the explanation anyway.

Elsewhere somebody, who uses the stable and knows the horse was absolutely
outraged at the time wasted with the horse, which could have been used
better to
show the beauty of the bridle way.

Yeah, but it was funny :~))

He is a great presenter and I love anything he's in :~))
And what glorious scenery in the mountains :~))))

Have you noticed how few people actually visit the places he goes to?

That's part of the beauty of it - the emptines :~))

Not much like that here in
flat Holland :~((

We get about the same amount of rain.
Martin

Yeah, but it soaks into the ground or goes into boring old canals and
ditches which then get pumped out to sea. In England you get lovely swift
flowing rivers.....
Jenny

[email protected] 23-08-2007 11:45 AM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On Aug 22, 5:49 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 22/8/07 17:42, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:33:54 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 22/8/07 16:57, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:07:26 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 22/8/07 11:50, in article
om,
" wrote:

On Aug 22, 11:44 am, Sacha wrote:
[...]

children.'- Hide quoted text -

Just seen your lovely Ray on French t.v. He has such a lovely smile
and his eyes sparkle, lovely man, tell him I am waiting for the
autograph.

Judith

Sacha 23-08-2007 12:05 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 23/8/07 11:51, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:45:11 -0000, "
wrote:

snip

Just seen your lovely Ray on French t.v.

On BBC surely or did you watch using the microwave?

He has such a lovely smile
and his eyes sparkle, lovely man, tell him I am waiting for the
autograph.

Q: Whose bottom appeared in the background? Sacha's or the alien's?

We're thinking of starting a 'bum club'. Someone from urg who visited us
suggested it should become a tradition to be photographed from the rear,
outside the nursery. ;-)
Anyway to answer your question - not mine! ;-)

Sacha 23-08-2007 12:08 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 23/8/07 11:45, in article
,
" wrote:

snip - Show quoted text -

Just seen your lovely Ray on French t.v. He has such a lovely smile
and his eyes sparkle, lovely man, tell him I am waiting for the
autograph.

Thanks, Judith. You should have seen his face when she described him as a
'headcase about plants'. It was worth a tv shot in itself! We were very
pleased with the episode, especially as it was done in April and on a pretty
cold day, too.

Sacha 23-08-2007 04:26 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 23/8/07 12:26, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:05:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 11:51, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:45:11 -0000, "
wrote:

snip

Just seen your lovely Ray on French t.v.

On BBC surely or did you watch using the microwave?

He has such a lovely smile
and his eyes sparkle, lovely man, tell him I am waiting for the
autograph.

Q: Whose bottom appeared in the background? Sacha's or the alien's?

We're thinking of starting a 'bum club'. Someone from urg who visited us
suggested it should become a tradition to be photographed from the rear,
outside the nursery. ;-)
Anyway to answer your question - not mine! ;-)

LOL I could see it catching on. Bus loads of bum flashers from Manchester.

Good program and your bit came over well. The garden and Ray that is :-)

Thanks, Martin. He's been on various tv progs from time to time and never
seems to worry about it. I should hate it!

[email protected] 23-08-2007 04:28 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On Aug 23, 4:26 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 23/8/07 12:26, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:05:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 11:51, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:45:11 -0000, "
wrote:

snip

[...]

Oh Sacha, did you miss the bit where Martin said "your bit came over
well" double entendre!!! G

Judith

Sacha 23-08-2007 04:33 PM

Summer Diaries Wednesday

On 23/8/07 16:28, in article
,
" wrote:

On Aug 23, 4:26 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 23/8/07 12:26, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:05:01 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 23/8/07 11:51, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:45:11 -0000, "

[...]