GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   berry identified by photo (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/163841-berry-identified-photo.html)

Nick Maclaren 24-08-2007 12:08 PM

berry identified by photo

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:
| , I, Marvo, say :
|
| You shouldn't use immodium without a prescription.
|
| You sound like someone who's never eaten too many damsons :-)
|
| Kaolin and morphine is better. Eating less damsons is the perfect solution.

Eh? How many is too many? Unless you are the sort of person who
rarely eats much fruit, it is quite hard to eat enough ripe fruit
to give yourself any significant trouble. Minor diarrhoea isn't
more than mildly annoying.

Even eating too much pawpaw isn't bad enough to justify taking
noxious medicines - and pawpaw is a lot more laxative than any
form of plum.

I find rhubarb so nasty that I am not tempted to eat any of it,
let alone too much, but my wife has never had serious problems
even from overindulging in that.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Uncle Marvo 24-08-2007 01:43 PM

berry identified by photo

, I, Marvo, say :

In article ,
"Uncle Marvo" writes:
, I, Marvo, say :

You shouldn't use immodium without a prescription.

You sound like someone who's never eaten too many damsons :-)

Kaolin and morphine is better. Eating less damsons is the perfect
solution.

Eh? How many is too many? Unless you are the sort of person who
rarely eats much fruit, it is quite hard to eat enough ripe fruit
to give yourself any significant trouble. Minor diarrhoea isn't
more than mildly annoying.

Even eating too much pawpaw isn't bad enough to justify taking
noxious medicines - and pawpaw is a lot more laxative than any
form of plum.

I find rhubarb so nasty that I am not tempted to eat any of it,
let alone too much, but my wife has never had serious problems
even from overindulging in that.

I find damsons are the worst, followed by greengages. Ornery plums are fine,
and I eat more fruit than all but two people I know, one of which is
virtually a fruit'n'veggie, and the other is my mate Albert.

I live on pawpaw (with lime), probably have four big ones a week. I didn't
know it was a laxative.

La Puce 24-08-2007 03:22 PM

berry identified by photo

On 24 Aug, 13:43, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
I live on pawpaw (with lime), probably have four big ones a week.

Do you?! What a funny thing for a ... err... Brumy.

I didn't
know it was a laxative.

Me neither. But then again, my kids and I can't eat melons, precisely
for the same reasons. However, I know lots of people who can eat tons
of the stuff without problems.

Uncle Marvo 24-08-2007 03:36 PM

berry identified by photo

, I, Marvo, say :

On 24 Aug, 13:43, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
I live on pawpaw (with lime), probably have four big ones a week.

Do you?! What a funny thing for a ... err... Brumy.

Who are you caling a Brummy, Manc?

I'm a Devonshire lad really, but now in t'East Midlands..

I didn't
know it was a laxative.

Me neither. But then again, my kids and I can't eat melons, precisely
for the same reasons. However, I know lots of people who can eat tons
of the stuff without problems.

Me, for instance. We have the biggest Waitrose in the universe right next
door, their fruit is better than T*S@O and most other supermarkets.

La Puce 24-08-2007 03:42 PM

berry identified by photo

On 24 Aug, 15:36, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Who are you caling a Brummy, Manc?

Teehee ... beats being called a frog, innit.

I'm a Devonshire lad really, but now in t'East Midlands..

With cream on top. Knew it ;o)

Me, for instance. We have the biggest Waitrose in the universe right next
door, their fruit is better than T*S@O and most other supermarkets.

Now that's lucky. I haven't been to Waitrose a lot, perhaps 3 times in
my life time, which is silly because I trully enjoyed it. I beleive
they have really fresh stuff and more to the point encourages to buy
locally. Nice one.

Uncle Marvo 24-08-2007 03:48 PM

berry identified by photo

, I, Marvo, say :

On 24 Aug, 15:36, "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:
Who are you caling a Brummy, Manc?

Teehee ... beats being called a frog, innit.

I'm a Devonshire lad really, but now in t'East Midlands..

With cream on top. Knew it ;o)

Me, for instance. We have the biggest Waitrose in the universe right
next door, their fruit is better than T*S@O and most other
supermarkets.

Now that's lucky. I haven't been to Waitrose a lot, perhaps 3 times in
my life time, which is silly because I trully enjoyed it. I beleive
they have really fresh stuff and more to the point encourages to buy
locally. Nice one.

Sadly they don't do local pawpaws, although I shop quite regularly in our
hyperWaitrose and also the smaller one in Farnham, and each sources fruit
and veg from their local area and each has an organic section where they
don't rip you off, so I guess it's true. Every little helps aaaaaaaarrgh

Peter[_3_] 26-08-2007 09:58 AM

berry identified by photo

"johngood_____" wrote in message

Many Thanks. here is the web url.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6baazno

Blackthorn or sloes!

Sloe Gin (do it now, decant and use at Christmas)
(Sloe Gin is preferable to a quick half!)

3 lb of sloes
2 lb of sugar
1 bottle of dry gin (Not a dry bottle of gin!)

But into traditional wine-making bottle (forgotten the name)
but prick all the sloes with a fork which is a bit tedious.

Pick up the jar and slosh it around once per week.

Come xmas, and you'll have an orangey-red delight.