Old 26-08-2007, 11:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snipping

I get a bit fed up with having to scroll down a huge long reply just to read
a single line or even a smiley.
Could we please all snip a bit more ??

--
Jenny (the Netherlands)
remove squirrel to reply

Old 26-08-2007, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote:

I get a bit fed up with having to scroll down a huge long reply just to read
a single line or even a smiley.

Not going to happen. The people who do this have no consideration for
anyone else, and can't be bothered. You're better off to ignore such
people IMHO.

The killfile is your friend.

It's cold and rainy today.

Old 26-08-2007, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Gary Woods wrote:
"JennyC" wrote:

I get a bit fed up with having to scroll down a huge long reply just to read
a single line or even a smiley.

Not going to happen. The people who do this have no consideration for
anyone else, and can't be bothered. You're better off to ignore such
people IMHO.

The killfile is your friend.

It's cold and rainy today.

Sigh, my wife is always threatening to snip me!
Old 26-08-2007, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
news
"JennyC" wrote:

I get a bit fed up with having to scroll down a huge long reply just to
read
a single line or even a smiley.

Not going to happen. The people who do this have no consideration for
anyone else, and can't be bothered. You're better off to ignore such
people IMHO.

The killfile is your friend.

It's cold and rainy today.

Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at
home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic

Have to agree with Gary here. And no I have not snipped yet because it is
all on screen and therefore the whole story can be seen.

I don't think I have met such 'nasty' people in all my years as those who
post on here and other newsgroups. They somehow feel important by making a
posting behind a funny name. Of course there are also those who post in the
open, but do things off screen, such as the person who sent the RSPCA round
to me with reference to my hatred of cats visiting my garden, confusing it
with ""CRUELTY"", but they got a short sharp reply :-))

Who are these 'yobs' and why do they do it?

Well I spent 2 years in prison teaching prisoners.
I have spent a lifetime 'with' or 'dealing with' people in both the Hotel
and Industry sectors.
I studied Human Psychology and Educational Psychology

and I am STILL amazed at what the human species can turn out :-(((

However, in general, people when they get older mature, mellow and become
much nicer people to be with :-))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007 FULL. WAIT LIST OPERATING
www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily

Old 26-08-2007, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message

Sigh, my wife is always threatening to snip me!

GO FOR IT :-))

Wow. Can't you see the message and the future?

If you can't, get your wife to email me ;-)

Or can I have your wife's email addy?

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Old 26-08-2007, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/8/07 16:29, in article ,
"Gary Woods" wrote:

"JennyC" wrote:

I get a bit fed up with having to scroll down a huge long reply just to read
a single line or even a smiley.

Not going to happen. The people who do this have no consideration for
anyone else, and can't be bothered. You're better off to ignore such
people IMHO.

I think we can all be guilty of forgetting to snip sometimes but the worst
offenders are the people spamming across several newsgroups. They appear to
believe that constant repetition of their barmy army messages will recruit
people to their cause and do not realise that in fact, it's a total turn
off!
At present, someone who posts here regularly - mostly trying to annoy - has
decided to carry on a 'chat' with one of these spammers, including all the
cross-posted groups and IMO, that sort of person is more contemptible for
setting out deliberately to attract such trouble to a group, than the odd
troll with a bee in its bonnet or the genuine urgler who has a netiquette
lapse occasionally.

The killfile is your friend.

It's cold and rainy today.

Warm and sunny here again with a little cloud at lunchtime but now a clear
blue sky. According to my car thermometer, it reached 82F here yesterday!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 26-08-2007, 05:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26 Aug, 11:20, "JennyC" wrote:
I get a bit fed up with having to (SNIP)

ok.
:0)

Old 26-08-2007, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dot Net Developer" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 26 Aug, 11:20, "JennyC" wrote:
I get a bit fed up with having to (SNIP)

ok.
:0)

That's the idea :~)))))
Jenny

Old 26-08-2007, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JennyC" wrote in message
I get a bit fed up with having to scroll down a huge long reply just to
read a single line or even a smiley.

Don't we all, but we sometimes forget to do it!

Could we please all snip a bit more ??

Please, please, please, do not use the word 'snip' it brings back nasty
memories!

Old 27-08-2007, 07:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message
I get a bit fed up with having to scroll down a huge long reply just to
read a single line or even a smiley.

Don't we all, but we sometimes forget to do it!

Could we please all snip a bit more ??

Please, please, please, do not use the word 'snip' it brings back nasty
memories!

OK - would 'remove parts' be better ?
Jenny "~)

Old 27-08-2007, 11:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JennyC wrote:
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Snip
Please, please, please, do not use the word 'snip' it brings back nasty
memories!

OK - would 'remove parts' be better ?
Jenny "~)

Oh Jenny you are so cruel!
Old 27-08-2007, 12:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
JennyC wrote:
"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

Snip
Please, please, please, do not use the word 'snip' it brings back nasty
memories!

OK - would 'remove parts' be better ?
Jenny "~)

Oh Jenny you are so cruel!

Well only superfluous spare parts of course "~)
Jenny

Old 27-08-2007, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote:

Please, please, please, do not use the word 'snip' it brings back nasty
memories!

Actually, it began a whole era of new freedom!

Snipping Gz Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2011 08:21 PM
Scape-snipping time! Gary Woods Edible Gardening 2 20-06-2005 02:22 AM
Scape-snipping time in olde New York Gary Woods Edible Gardening 2 18-06-2004 09:03 PM