Old 30-08-2007, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

On 30/8/07 10:01, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On 30/8/07 09:01, in article
, "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

in , I, Marvo, say :

I think you'll find you're not alone in that selection for the kill
file. I'm sure you're right that Puce thinks silence means support,
not realising it signifies kill files - ditto poor old Crowe.
However, if everyone kill files her she can go on giving the garbage
information she's just given Judith Lea re planting Oleanders
outdoors in hideously low winter temperatures and keeping them wet!

http://www.pfaf.org/database/plants.php?Nerium+oleander

It says you can plant Oleanders outdoors, down to -5 and -10 for
short periods.

Yes indeed. What the argument developed from was Puce refusing to
believe that Judith's village in France gets a LOT colder than that
and stays that way for some time.

She has a village in France? Blimey, that *is* posh :-)

But of course - why do things by halves?

I've never had one. Anything I say on here is something I've
actually done, not something I've read, unless it has one of these
after it :-)

My fingers are crossed with my Bougainvillea, it's staying outdoors
in bubble wrap unless it gets extreme.

Some people don't trust bubble wrap because it causes condensation
and the plants rot. On the whole, horticultural fleece might be
safer and you could build a frame covered in plastic to act as a sort
of mini greenhouse, perhaps?

I actually have a spare greenhouse frame, one of those metal ones with
shelves. If you don't put the shelves in it would hold the Bougainvillea.
Good idea.

This might provide some inspiration. ;-)
http://gallery.future-i.com/germany/pic:camellia-house/

Most excellent. I shall start building now :-)

First grow your Camelllia! That one was the first to be brought it in
Europe, or so legend has it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-08-2007, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

On 30/8/07 10:01, in article , "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

in , I, Marvo, say :

On 30/8/07 09:01, in article
,
"Uncle Marvo" wrote:

[...]

I only have a few favourites. I grew too much last year from seed, mainly
cos the seeds appeared for nothing. I didn't know what to do with most of
it. I tend, like a bloke, to grow unusual things to see what they turn out
like. I've never been taken with a Camellia.

I have a wicked black-eyed Susan, Grape vines, Bougainvillea, Ipomoea, cacti
and several strange veg and herbs.

And I *did* have loads of stuff round the boat but as of today, *everything*
has now been eaten by rabbits.

I give up.

Old 30-08-2007, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/8/07 10:39, in article , "Uncle Marvo"

, I, Marvo, say :

On 30/8/07 10:01, in article
, "Uncle
Marvo" wrote:

in , I, Marvo, say :

On 30/8/07 09:01, in article
,
"Uncle Marvo" wrote:

[...]

Have a look at the web sites of Plant World in Newton Abbot one day and also
Secret Seeds, if you like unusual! There's a gorgeous thing called
Thunbergia greggii romping up a pillar in our biggest greenhouse. I love
Camellias but I think that's as much by association as anything else. They
have a long flowering season, if you grow different species and there's such
a wonderful range of colours, too.

I have a wicked black-eyed Susan, Grape vines, Bougainvillea, Ipomoea, cacti
and several strange veg and herbs.

Photos would be nice.

And I *did* have loads of stuff round the boat but as of today, *everything*
has now been eaten by rabbits.

I give up.

Wanna borrow a Jack Russell?!

Old 30-08-2007, 01:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 30/8/07 10:23, in article ,
"BAC" wrote:

snip

Hence it is possible IMO that Helene may well have 'supporters' who
choose
to remain anonymous. It takes all sorts, you know, and the fact you
clearly
can't stand her doesn't mean everybody else does, too.

Whether she has supporters or not, she's caused lots of trouble and
suspicion in the past with her claims that people email her anti other
group
members.

Obviously, neither of us knows whether anyone e-mails her in connection with
other group members (unless we're in the Secret Police), my response was to
Fran's implied assertion that any such claims are false, which, speaking
from experience, is not necessarily the case.

Then she threatens to disclose those emails if she has a fall out
with the 'supporters'! It's a tired old game we've seen from her far too
often and it's done deliberately to divide the group and create dissent.

If she does receive unsolicited e-mails of support, that's hardly her fault.
Granted, if someone has e-mailed her privately, it's obvious he/she doesn't
want his/her views on the matter exposed on the group, and one would
normally respect that, I think. If she has been acting maliciously, as you
suggest (and I'm not in a position to say whether she has or has not)
wouldn't the most effective response be to simply ignore such remarks and
not rise to the bait?

And if one of her supporters is a man who thinks hitting women is a good
idea, all I can say is they deserve each other.

I have no idea who or what you are referring to, there, so cannot comment,
except to say anyone advocating unmerited physical violence to anyone,
regardless of gender, is barking up the wrong tree, in my view. Unless doing
so humourously, as in quoting the old "Women, dogs and walnut trees, the
more you beats them, the better they be's" rhyme, perhaps :-)

Old 30-08-2007, 02:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/8/07 13:38, in article , "BAC"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 30/8/07 10:23, in article
,
"BAC" wrote:

snip

Hence it is possible IMO that Helene may well have 'supporters' who
choose
to remain anonymous. It takes all sorts, you know, and the fact you
clearly
can't stand her doesn't mean everybody else does, too.

Whether she has supporters or not, she's caused lots of trouble and
suspicion in the past with her claims that people email her anti other
group
members.

Obviously, neither of us knows whether anyone e-mails her in connection with
other group members (unless we're in the Secret Police), my response was to
Fran's implied assertion that any such claims are false, which, speaking
from experience, is not necessarily the case.

Nonetheless, Fran has good grounds for saying what she did. Experience
teaches us that many people who claim to receive all these emails turn out
to be the people that most on a group avoid like the plague. There may well
be people who email Puce with support but considering how many people feel
she's in a fair way to wrecking this group (see fall out from her last
meltdown) they must be in a very small minority. These eruptions of fury
whenever she's corrected or found out to be less than truthful are now so
routine that most people just avoid her. The general impression is that she
thinks she must be left to give bad advice and that should never be
corrected - or else! I don't think many people here think her a congenial
cyber companion, judging by reactions to the current fit.

Then she threatens to disclose those emails if she has a fall out
with the 'supporters'! It's a tired old game we've seen from her far too
often and it's done deliberately to divide the group and create dissent.

If she does receive unsolicited e-mails of support, that's hardly her fault.

I don't think anyone has claimed it is. But it is such a well-worn tactic
of hers to claim these emails come flooding into her inbox that it would be
a joke if it wasn't a childish attempt to frighten or wound others.

Granted, if someone has e-mailed her privately, it's obvious he/she doesn't
want his/her views on the matter exposed on the group, and one would
normally respect that, I think. If she has been acting maliciously, as you
suggest (and I'm not in a position to say whether she has or has not)
wouldn't the most effective response be to simply ignore such remarks and
not rise to the bait?

Puce plants the seeds of suspicion in everyone's minds and that is not
possible to ignore because she knows/hopes it will nag away at all of us. A
lot of us chat about things other than gardening but by email - harmless
chatter about ourselves, our lives, our families etc. but Puce has worked
quite hard at conveying the impression that people pass these things on to
her. It does not make for a relaxed atmosphere in a group.

And if one of her supporters is a man who thinks hitting women is a good
idea, all I can say is they deserve each other.

I have no idea who or what you are referring to, there, so cannot comment,
except to say anyone advocating unmerited physical violence to anyone,
regardless of gender, is barking up the wrong tree, in my view. Unless doing
so humourously, as in quoting the old "Women, dogs and walnut trees, the
more you beats them, the better they be's" rhyme, perhaps :-)

She remarked that two men had emailed her and that one of them had said he
would like to hit me. As I say, she's entirely welcome to that kind of
support. I'd rather leave it in the gutter, where it belongs.

Old 30-08-2007, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30 Aug, 11:34, Sacha wrote:
Whether she has supporters or not, she's caused lots of trouble and
suspicion in the past with her claims that people email her anti other group
members. Then she threatens to disclose those emails if she has a fall out
with the 'supporters'!

What?! Judith wrote to me via email when I was having trouble with
Janet Barrowcloth. Then she 'turned' against me because she realised
that I wouldn't give a fig for her 'friendship' nor would I listen to
her patronising and boring rubbish. I'm quite peculiar with whom I let
into my life Mrs Hubbard.

So please, don't you go piggy backing the ozzy loon who has endangered
the life of her husband for having assaulted some woman, and PLEASE
stop encouraging any other worms currently crawling out from under
rocks. These are the people we never see gardening posts from but when
the shit hits the fan you can be sure they'll be there. Why do you
need that crap Sacha Hubbard?! Why do you need to fight and scheme and
be nasty on a regular basis. Do you take some meds or something?!
Surely you don't have pmt still, do you?!

Old 30-08-2007, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 29 Aug, 21:25, Sacha wrote:
However, if everyone kill
files her she can go on giving the garbage information she's just given
Judith Lea re planting Oleanders outdoors in hideously low winter
temperatures and keeping them wet!

You cow! You utter, hidious uggly cow!!! Show us now where I've told
Judith to do this?! Keeping them wet?? Keeping nerium outside in low
winter temperatures?! Please show us where I said this.

URG's reputation is well above that
level and it would be nice to keep it that way.

It's all in your head. It is nice here, especially when you're on
holidays.

Old 30-08-2007, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30 Aug, 14:18, Sacha wrote:
Puce plants the seeds of suspicion in everyone's minds

Only in your mind Sacha, only in your mind. It's no use. You've got a
problem, clearly. And please stop relying on the ozzy loon. She's
depressive for crying out loud, even perhaps on prozac!! Please go
back to talking of flowers. I'd rather you did that then encourage
even more fools!!! Talk about trolls ....!

Old 30-08-2007, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/8/07 14:29, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

On 30 Aug, 11:34, Sacha wrote:
Whether she has supporters or not, she's caused lots of trouble and
suspicion in the past with her claims that people email her anti other group
members. Then she threatens to disclose those emails if she has a fall out
with the 'supporters'!

What?! Judith wrote to me via email when I was having trouble with
Janet Barrowcloth. Then she 'turned' against me because she realised
that I wouldn't give a fig for her 'friendship' nor would I listen to
her patronising and boring rubbish. I'm quite peculiar with whom I let
into my life Mrs Hubbard.

You are indeed peculiar - barking mad, I'd think. A liar with a selective
memory is a very nasty thing.

So please, don't you go piggy backing the ozzy loon who has endangered
the life of her husband for having assaulted some woman, and PLEASE
stop encouraging any other worms currently crawling out from under
rocks. These are the people we never see gardening posts from but when
the shit hits the fan you can be sure they'll be there. Why do you
need that crap Sacha Hubbard?! Why do you need to fight and scheme and
be nasty on a regular basis. Do you take some meds or something?!
Surely you don't have pmt still, do you?!

Bravo, Puce. An excellent demonstration of your refinement and good taste.
Just be quiet, you tiresome little woman. You do this every time you don't
get away with posting garbage that would kill off peoples' plants. That was
a perfectly rational discussion until you flew into one of your manic states
because you were proved wrong not only by your own foolishness but by
Judith's neighbours. You can never keep a still tongue and just *learn*
something. God help your family, it must be like living with a constipated
volcano.

Old 30-08-2007, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BAC" wrote

Hence it is possible IMO that Helene may well have 'supporters' who choose
to remain anonymous. It takes all sorts, you know, and the fact you
clearly can't stand her doesn't mean everybody else does, too.

And even some not anonymous ones :~))
Jenny

Old 30-08-2007, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30 Aug, 16:05, Sacha wrote:
Bravo, Puce. An excellent demonstration of your refinement and good taste.

Thank you. My reputation is indeed quite amazing )

Just be quiet, you tiresome little woman.

Such observation. Indeed I'm little and slim, not fat and red faced
like you.

You do this every time you don't
get away with posting garbage that would kill off peoples' plants.

Like when yesterday you told a poster to let sheep on their meadow so
that their pooh would fertilise the soil, for a wild flower meadow?!?!
YES?! You have some nerve to criticise others, you really do.

That was
a perfectly rational discussion until you flew into one of your manic states
because you were proved wrong not only by your own foolishness but by
Judith's neighbours.

I wasn't proved wrong at all. What you didn't like is that I was right
well before you could even get your red face around the question and
answer for Judith. The interesting thing here is that I've shown
Judith post to a few people (because her english and style of sentence
was quite weird on that post) and saying 'not common to be more than
below minus 20' means nothing at all. Again, sadly, nor Ray or Edward
could help either of you LOL!!!

You can never keep a still tongue and just *learn*
something.

Learn?! But you keep saying that my RHS course wasn't good enough, my
diploma wasn't good enough, and now I'm designing with the Chelsea
school of design, (got 97/100 for my last project HoooHooo!!!) I bet
you'd have something nasty to say about them too, wouldn't you?! The
fact is that you can't tolerate someone with a bit more energy than
you have - learn to live with it.

God help your family, it must be like living with a constipated
volcano.

))) See, learn to live with it.