Old 31-08-2007, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Zomax - pole trimmer/saw

Anyone any experience of the Zomax long reach trimmer/chainsaw?

Made in China.

Cheaper than the more established units with Petrol engines, but how is
reliability?

Any comparative recommendations would be appreciated.

Old 31-08-2007, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JoRoCo" wrote in message
Anyone any experience of the Zomax long reach trimmer/chainsaw?

Made in China.

Cheaper than the more established units with Petrol engines, but how is
reliability?

Any comparative recommendations would be appreciated.

I'm also looking to buy. My neighbour suggested Ryobi but I've yet to take a
look at these.

When I bought my mower the dealer there showed me Stihl. Professional kit
but at quite a price.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Stihl and Echo are reputed to be top of the range, but I wondered about the
reliability of the Zomax. However, decided to give it a miss - too risky.

I have now ordered a McCulloch 2500 CXL system with hedge-cutter, chain saw,
strimmer and brush-cutter. They manufacture a range of garden machinery and
power tools and claim to have invented the chain saw in 1946 (then a two man
version). They have a very sound reputation.

The reason I selected McCulloch was because my wife saw an advert by chance
on the Ideal World TV shopping channel for this kit. Priced at £199.97, plus
delivery. Got to be one of the best offers around.

Now sold out, but can be seen today -

http://www.idealworld.tv/Default.aspx?ProductID=508628

Regards

Old 02-09-2007, 10:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JoRoCo" wrote in message
[...]

Looks like a good deal. I've seen a Ryobi package for about the same price
but it didnt include the brush cutter.

Let us know how you get on with the hedge trimmer. I need one that's robust
to cut hawthorn.

Pole Saw Advice FredAt Gardening 12 09-05-2012 07:24 AM
need a trimmer on a pole Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 12-07-2008 01:15 AM
Chainsaw Sharpener ,pole saw,Earth Auger & Ice Drill dextools United Kingdom 0 17-08-2007 06:40 AM
How thick a pole is okay for pole beans" Charlene Taylor Gardening 4 30-05-2005 05:21 PM