Old 02-09-2007, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Where's the best place to buy seeds at this time of year?

Hi,
Its late in the year I know, but we have quite a bit of spare space in
our new raised beds. Just been to b&q, but refuse to pay their
inflated prices. £4 for the same seeds I bought from netto at the
start of the year for 19p.

Should give up & wait for netto in spring or is there anywhere anyone
could recommend.

I'd like to do a few turnips, parsnips & swedes.

p.s. Does anyone know what else can go in at this time of year?

Thanks
Old 04-09-2007, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , tina
writes
Hi,
Its late in the year I know, but we have quite a bit of spare space in
our new raised beds. Just been to b&q, but refuse to pay their
inflated prices. £4 for the same seeds I bought from netto at the
start of the year for 19p.

Should give up & wait for netto in spring or is there anywhere anyone
could recommend.

I'd like to do a few turnips, parsnips & swedes.

p.s. Does anyone know what else can go in at this time of year?

Thanks

I've probably got some spare seeds if you want some
--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association
Old 05-09-2007, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Not a flippant reply, but the best place to buy seeds is France if you ever
visit.

As an example, 50-odd cucumber seeds in a packet costs about a euro in
Leclercs. Over here it's £2.50 minimum for 4!

Aitch

Old 05-09-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David H" wrote in message
Not a flippant reply, but the best place to buy seeds is France if you
ever visit.

As an example, 50-odd cucumber seeds in a packet costs about a euro in
Leclercs. Over here it's £2.50 minimum for 4!

Aitch

While many seeds are cheaper here in France I found Sweetcorn to be an
exception, so got someone to bring some over from Wilko's on their last
visit.

David.