Old 10-09-2007, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Oooops!

I'm just waiting for someone to discover that smoking is good for us....

--
Sacha

Like in the Woody Allen film set in the future (can't remember what it is
called) where they discovered that to be healthy you needed to smoke, drink
and eat lots of red meat and fatty foods :-) Not so sure about the
"orgasmatron" though :-)

David.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

I'm just waiting for someone to discover that smoking is good for
us.... --
Sacha

Like in the Woody Allen film set in the future (can't remember what
it is called) where they discovered that to be healthy you needed to
smoke, drink and eat lots of red meat and fatty foods :-) Not so
sure about the "orgasmatron" though :-)

Possibly not as far-fetched as the Scottish "survey" which claims that after
only 18 months of banning smoking in public places most of which it was
already banned in, the ill-health of the populace has decreased by 17% in
terms of chesty illnesses.

Anyone who actually believes that such a thing is even remotely possible
shouldn't really be allowed out, let alone to vote.

Old 16-09-2007, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "
contains these words:
On Sep 2, 10:32 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "NikV" contains these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:

I inadvertantly deleted all the posts in the group,
so if anyone was hoping for a response from me, on
something or other, I'm sorry to disappoint...

can you not right click on the newsgroup, got to properrties,
local file and reset it annd re-download all the headers again ??

I could reinstall from the last back-up, or go into the download
file and fetch them all out, but that would get me all the posts
from the other 22 newsgroups that I subscribe to, and I don't feel
like wading through all that lot again!

Anne! 22 newsgroups, with everything else you do, how can you
contribute to that lot!!!!!

I only read threads with intriguing titles! Honestly...if the title
doesn't inspire curiosity, I kill the thread... it's the only way to
cope, really! G

The group has been busy tonight, while I was busy with my family 'confab'?

Everything is set for next weekend... ;-) We'll be partying on Friday
Saturday and Sunday.... should be fun! G

My invitation hasn't arrived!