Old 02-09-2007, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Oooops!

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
I inadvertantly deleted all the posts in the group,
so if anyone was hoping for a response from me, on
something or other, I'm sorry to disappoint...

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long

can you not right click on the newsgroup, got to properrties, local file
and reset it annd re-download all the headers again ??

Old 09-09-2007, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sep 2, 10:32 pm, Anne Jackson wrote:
The message from "NikV" contains these words:

"Anne Jackson" wrote:

I inadvertantly deleted all the posts in the group,
so if anyone was hoping for a response from me, on
something or other, I'm sorry to disappoint...

can you not right click on the newsgroup, got to properrties,
local file and reset it annd re-download all the headers again ??

I could reinstall from the last back-up, or go into the download
file and fetch them all out, but that would get me all the posts
from the other 22 newsgroups that I subscribe to, and I don't feel
like wading through all that lot again!

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long

Anne! 22 newsgroups, with everything else you do, how can you
contribute to that lot!!!!!

Judith

Old 09-09-2007, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

oups.com...

"Anne Jackson" wrote:

I inadvertantly deleted all the posts in the group,
so if anyone was hoping for a response from me, on
something or other, I'm sorry to disappoint...

can you not right click on the newsgroup, got to properrties,
local file and reset it annd re-download all the headers again ??

I could reinstall from the last back-up, or go into the download
file and fetch them all out, but that would get me all the posts
from the other 22 newsgroups that I subscribe to, and I don't feel
like wading through all that lot again!

--
AnneJ

If you don't quit, and don't cheat, and don't run home
when trouble arrives, you can only win.
~Shelley Long

Anne! 22 newsgroups, with everything else you do, how can you
contribute to that lot!!!!!

Judith

AND, have a life..... ??????? ;-)

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

oups.com...

"Anne Jackson" wrote:

[...]

'THE' Association if you served in the Electrical Branch of the Royal Navywww.rneba.org.ukto find your ex-Greenie mess mateswww.iowtours.comfor all ex-Service Reunions. More being added regularly
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will have a Stand- Hide quoted text -

Anne has a very full life, believe me, I know.

Judith

Old 09-09-2007, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Sep 9, 6:44 pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
" wrote in
message

oups.com...

"Anne Jackson" wrote:

[...]

So she tells me. And is cynical of others she does not wish to understand
:-((((

""There are none so blind as those who do not wish to see""

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 09-09-2007, 10:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/9/07 22:34, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from "
contains these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:

I inadvertantly deleted all the posts in the group,
so if anyone was hoping for a response from me, on
something or other, I'm sorry to disappoint...

can you not right click on the newsgroup, got to properrties,
local file and reset it annd re-download all the headers again ??

I could reinstall from the last back-up, or go into the download
file and fetch them all out, but that would get me all the posts
from the other 22 newsgroups that I subscribe to, and I don't feel
like wading through all that lot again!

Anne! 22 newsgroups, with everything else you do, how can you
contribute to that lot!!!!!

I only read threads with intriguing titles! Honestly...if the title
doesn't inspire curiosity, I kill the thread... it's the only way to
cope, really! G

The group has been busy tonight, while I was busy with my family 'confab'?

Everything is set for next weekend... ;-) We'll be partying on Friday
Saturday and Sunday.... should be fun! G

Hence the saying "if you want something done, ask a busy person". ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-09-2007, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:

I inadvertantly deleted all the posts in the group,
so if anyone was hoping for a response from me, on
something or other, I'm sorry to disappoint...

can you not right click on the newsgroup, got to properrties,
local file and reset it annd re-download all the headers again ??

I could reinstall from the last back-up, or go into the download
file and fetch them all out, but that would get me all the posts
from the other 22 newsgroups that I subscribe to, and I don't feel
like wading through all that lot again!

Anne! 22 newsgroups, with everything else you do, how can you
contribute to that lot!!!!!

AND, have a life..... ??????? ;-)

What is it they say? 'Those who can, do. Those who can't
lecture about it?' G

Yes I do lecture :-)) On my experiences and also teach :-))

_You_ should be lucky enough to have a full-time, very satisfying job,
and also own two _successful_ businesses! It would give you _SO_ much
more to boast about, don't you think?

I have no need to 'boast'. Only people with an inferiority complex have
reason to do that to 'hide' something. When you are in full control of your
faculties, life sorts itself out :-))

Do have a nice night :-))

I will. But then I lead life to be full and satisfying :-))

Oh my the way. You're a liar. Just thought you would like me to point that
out. I don't like liars and those who swear. :-))

Mike

Old 10-09-2007, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

Yes I do lecture :-)) On my experiences and also teach :-))

I find it a trifle ironic that someone who is a failed businessman
should lecture others on how to run their business...

You don't pay attention do you?

There is a difference between a failed business, a failed businessman and a
business which has failed due to outside influences.

I was neither of the first two, and it was only when Thatcher tried to bring
the country to its knees, just as Hitler had tried some 40 years earlier but
failed whereas Thatcher nearly succedded, which caused my business to go
under just as she caused thousands of others to go under.

Now THAT is one of the things I lecture on and one of the aspects I bring
into any company I am giving advice on. "Watch outside influencea" There is
a Fable that has been going around for years, it was actually used in
Business Studies at College, about a Supermarket causing a Nursery to go
under because said Nursery only had that one Supermarket as a customer. "All
its eggs in one basket". I heard that well before I took my second factory
and made sure that I had plenty of customers. BIG customers. BT., Sony, GEC,
Plessy Radar, to name just a few, but when THEY start to go down, there is
not much hope for the 'small' man and with only 2 factories and a staff of
23 devoted women, there was not much hope for this 'small' man.

I hope that you can, or WANT to, understand that :-))

Oh my the way. You're a liar. Just thought you would like me to point
that
out. I don't like liars and those who swear. :-))

I have NEVER lied, or knowing misled anyone! Would that YOU could say
the same.

I haven't bothered to look back, but I was under the impression that you
weren't going to respond to my postings again. Having responded with your
usual tirade, I am afraid that it's "Egg on face" time for you yet again
:-))

Silly Girl :-(

Now **** off, off my screen... I've read more of your shite
than I ever meant or wanted to!

Well that puts you in the gutter with others already there. There is no
excuse for foul language and as I told a once net nanny on these newsgroups
who was also 'high and mighty' until a reported incident with other men in
the Gent's toilet saw him take himself off, swearing is a sign of the lack
of comprehension of the Queen's English.

Do YOU have such a 'skeleton in the cupboard', Mrs High & Mighty?

I trust you will make yourself comfortable in the gutter.

plonk

--
AnneJ

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 10-09-2007, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/9/07 01:07, in article , "Anne
Jackson" wrote:

The message from Sacha contains these
words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from " contains these words:

Anne! 22 newsgroups, with everything else you do, how can you
contribute to that lot!!!!!

I only read threads with intriguing titles! Honestly...if the title
doesn't inspire curiosity, I kill the thread... it's the only way to
cope, really! G
The group has been busy tonight, while I was busy with my family
'confab'?
Everything is set for next weekend... ;-) We'll be partying on Friday
Saturday and Sunday.... should be fun! G

Hence the saying "if you want something done, ask a busy person". ;-)

Sacha, I kid you not, I was applying ergonomics before I even knew
there was such a word, or what it meant... G

Errrrrrr.......you mean busy women? Juggling time, emotional output,
community involvement, patience? Somehow it all falls into place? Gottit.
I bet it was a man that gave it a name. ;-))

Time is something like a jigsaw puzzle, and everything slots in nicely, if
you get it right! The word was invented (I believe) in the 1950's, and as
you say, probably by a man...women were too busy getting everything done
to sit around inventing words to describe their endeavours! ;-)

It's a bit like those reports that say "studies have shown......." and then
go on to report as some scientific solemnity, a piece of knowledge the rest
of us have taken as common sense for years!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

It's a bit like those reports that say "studies have shown......." and
then
go on to report as some scientific solemnity, a piece of knowledge the
rest
of us have taken as common sense for years!

--
Sacha

Like the recent re-discovery (again) that food additives are dangerous to
children's health (and probably to adults too).

I've also been saying to the Mrs for years that scientists will discover
that many of the chemicals we are exposed to are harmful and some cancer
causing - everything from cleaning products to air fresheners to
anti-deodorants to plastic food wrappings to washing powders/detergents etc.

I think the people of one hundred years hence will look back in horror at
some of the chemicals we deliberately expose ourselves to today. Back in the
Victorian era the original Radox bath salts contained radioactive salts -
which were thought to be good to bath in!

David.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
[...]

DDT

Creosote

Asbestos ...... When I was doing my Apprenticeship in Marine Electrical
Engineering, Asbestos was applied as a 'plaster' to the pipes etc in the
Boiler and Engine Rooms. We would have 'snowball fights' with handfuls of
the stuff!! I was recently contacted by an ex Apprentice of my era who now
lives in Australia and he has contracted Asbestosis :-(( 60 years later!

Mike

Old 10-09-2007, 12:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message

[...]

Sorry, we finished our Apprentieships about 50 years ago, not 60.

Mike
Who never knowingly tell lies

Old 10-09-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 10/9/07 12:33, in article , "David
(Normandy)" wrote:

[...]

I'm just waiting for someone to discover that smoking is good for us....